Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigchunkymunky
    • Oct 2003

Gradual audio Lag

Some DVD's I rip start alright but the audio gradually lags behing the video!!!! looks like Im watching a dubbed movie hehehe
  • Oriphus
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Aug 2003

DVD's you have ripped have audio lag? IS this with a conversion, or are they still in VOB format (mpeg2)? What do you use to rip them?
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• bigchunkymunky
      • Oct 2003

After i ripped to divx..... the vob's are in synch but the divx file gradually lags....I'm using Rippack v3 beta im not sure which programs it uses

Comment

• Oriphus
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Aug 2003

Have you use a program called VirtualDub before? HAve a look at the file with VitualDub as it may be able to re-align the sound for you, however, gradual lags are a good bit different to a stead lag, though it should be fixable still.
        http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• bigchunkymunky
          • Oct 2003

Yea I've got Virtual dub and Nandub.... but what kind of thing do I do to re-align the audio????

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

"the vob's are in synch but the divx file gradually lags"

There are two possibilities with this:
            1) Your CPU is not fast enough for decoding the DivX file.
            2) The video framerate is not the same with that of the audio file, thus requiring you "direct stream" the video file in VirtualDub (or its variants), this time using the "corrected" framerate.

On the second opinion, it is a little hard to accurately predict the correct framerate to use, but doing the following has "usually" been successful for me. When direct streaming in Virtualdub, under Video Tab -> Frame Rate, select "Change so video and audio durations match (you will see a framerate close to that of the original video file)".

Comment

Working...