Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J-Dog
    • Oct 2003

Audio problems with nero

Whenever i make a vcd with nero the vcd's audio never comes out right!

It always lags by like 5 or 6 seconds..

Should I use another program for burning vcds or maybe upgrade to nero ultra?

(the avi files play fine on my computer btw)
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

To create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
    2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
    3) Click on "Setting" radio button
    4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
    5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
    6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
    7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - set "Motion Search Precision" to "Normal Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
    8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)" and "Bitrate" to "1,150"
    9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to "MPEG-1 Layer II", 44,100 224Kbps
    10) Press "Start"

(Or, instead of the steps 1)-10) above, you could attempt to use TMPGEnc's VCD "wizard"/template)

Note that if your video runs longer than 70-80 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• J-Dog
      • Oct 2003

Thanks for the suggestion =)

However, for some reason I cant load any of my .avi files with tmpgenc.

I always get this error "cannot open or unsupported", but I know for a fact that they play fine.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Load the original video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• uksaint
          • Oct 2003

Same problem for MPEGs and DVDs

Hi,

I've got the same problem with recording DVDs from MPEGs using Nero 6 and N.Vision Express although the audio lag is only about a second or two on the final DVD - still very frustrating. I did post this on the beginners forum but got no response but was interested to see this solution here.
          I'm not sure that this solution would suit my problem. My first question is what is "TMPGEnc" - is it part of Nero.
          Thanks for any help

Comment

• uksaint
            • Oct 2003

Thanks,

My second question is then - have you any ideas about what my problem might be?

Comment

• uksaint
              • Oct 2003

Apologies

Apologies - Just seen your message - new thread up now.

Comment

• J-Dog
                • Oct 2003

Update

I installed the Tsunami codec pack and it let me finally use Tmpgenc to edit the Avi.

I put in the parameters that you told me to and it worked great!

Thanks for your help!

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"Thanks for your help!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...