• Show
Clear All
  • kimomakano
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jun 2002

DVD copy with Nero

Aloha,
    I recently converted from using RecordNow to Nero for burning my DVD VIDEO_TS folders from hard drive to disc. I found that RecordNow would not always record a disc that was playable on a standalone.
    One feature that I liked about RecordNow was that if I made a disc I could copy it easily enough. I would not need a separate DVD reader and burner to copy the disc, it would use the same drive and just ask me to change from the source disc to the destination disc.
    Since changing to Nero I haven't figured out how to do this. It doesn't seem to allow me to read from and write to the same drive as does RecordNow.
    Am I missing something?
    Thanks,
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) NERO>>DVDCopy>>Copy Options>>Drive with source CD Select your burner

2) NERO >>Recorder>>Choose recorder Select your burner

Comment

• kimomakano
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Jun 2002

Thanks, but I can't seem to find the options you mention. I have an OEM version of Nero. Could that be it?

I think I might have figured it out, I will check tonight and get back.
      Last edited by kimomakano; 22 Oct 2003, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• kimomakano
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jun 2002

Okay,
        here is what I have found.
        I own an OEM version of Nero 6. When I start it up it does not give me any option (that I can find to go to Nero ROM), it just goes to Nero SmartStart.

So, I downloaded a demo version of Nero Ultra 6 that allows me to go to the Nero ROM screen. When I applied the parameters supplied by setarip I still get the same problem.

Apparently it is trying to burn directly to the same disc that it is reading from. Isn't there a way for it to read from the initial disc and then ask for the destination disc? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Comment

• kimomakano
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Jun 2002

Finally, I got it to work.

Apparently the OEM version that I got wasn't giving me all the options ( I don't know why but it wasn't). I was able to get a full (non-OEM) version and it gave me the options described in previous posts.

Once I was able to see all the options I was able to set the cache to my dedicated video drive and copy the discs.

Thanks to all who offered support and suggestions.

Comment

Working...