Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anadra323
    • Oct 2003

new cpu and video problems

hi everyone. i recently upgraded my processor and when I went to look at a video later that day i noticed it was messing up. I went ahead and formatted and reinstalled windows and they are still messing up. but my 3d applications are working fine (such as games and stuff). I have the most recent drivers for my video card and everything. I have this problem on most of my videos, but about 1/4 seem to not be affected (not any specific file type either). oh and any of my videos taken w/ my logitech cam work, but other videos of the same file type dont.
    here's is a pic of what the problem looks like.
    and my specs

windows 2000 service pack 4
    ati radeon 9700 pro
    msi kt4vl motherboard
    amd athlon xp 2000
    and i have the latest divx codecs
    and had no problems with videos before i installed the new processor and my system is runnin fine in every other aspect.
    Last edited by anadra323; 26 Oct 2003, 06:11 PM.
  • anadra323
    • Oct 2003

Sorry, forgot the picutre, I need to sleep
    Attached Files

Comment

• anadra323
      • Oct 2003

Ok, I am not sure if this helps or not, but when I play a video that messes up in the quicktime player (such as a .mpg) it has no problems, however as quicktime does not play .avi, .wmv, etc, I am still unable to view a good portion of my videos, this is bugging me.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Have you reinstalled the various video codecs required to playback the different types of video?

2) Try reinstalling DirectX

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

by looking at the pic that looks like a wmp's visualization. means u need ur codes as setarip said. installin directx only wont help
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• anadra323
            • Oct 2003

I have reinstalled directx twice, I have every codec, and for some reason when I put my otehr processor back in (1 gig amd athlon) the videos are fine, but the processor causing these problems (amd athlon xp 2000+) is not bad, I have had it tested, Even with a full format and reinstall I still am seeing the same problems.

Comment

• anadra323
              • Oct 2003

Trying not to spam my own thread here, but here are some better photos I just took.

A video played in Quicktime

Same video played in Windows Media Player

Starting a video

Smearing **((((This is the main problem)))))**

A flash Video, those green dots should not be there

It is also happening in odd places like my Photoshop navigator preview window.

I pray someone can help me.
              Last edited by anadra323; 27 Oct 2003, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Does your newer, more powerful processor require either a different type of RAM, or different BIOS settings for the RAM?

Comment

• anadra323
                  • Oct 2003

well i don't know if it needs a different bios setting for the ram, but i know the type of ram is fine.

Comment

• atifsh
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2003

ok now looking at pics... my relatis pc once had similar problems not exactly like u. what happend was his all display gives same distortions,even in dos mode. those start with very less to exactly like ur screens by moving the mouse. but his problem was his AGP card.

now cant say for sure but u may uninstall ur graphic drivers shutdown windows and try removing ur agp with somone else's or atleast remove and re-insert ur own aGP and install drivers.....may be fresh ones this time......
                    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• anadra323
                      • Oct 2003

My video card is a radeon 9700 pro, I have tested the videos with another video card I have, it produces the same results, I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, I even took the catalysts out and installed the Radeon Omega Drivers, still same result.

Comment

• Enchanter
                        Old member
                        • Feb 2002

Give one or more of the following a try:

1. Try reinstalling your decoders (codecs); FFDShow is highly recommended for MPEG-4 files.
                        2. Set your desktop colour depth to 32-bit.
                        3. If you have overclocked either/both your CPU or/and video card, speed down to default levels.
                        4. Check your motherboard settings on the AGP port; it looks suspect.

Comment

• anadra323
                          • Oct 2003

The thing that bothers me is that even on a diffrent motherboard, and with a diffrent video card, I still see the same results, in video, in flash, ect. It goes away when I change processors, but this new processor is not bad, had it tested. I am so stumped. It has to be a setting of somekind I am missing, but I don't know what. Cpu is not overclocked and is set at the correct levels.

Comment

• Enchanter
                            Old member
                            • Feb 2002

Perhaps you are using some settings common in all the systems you have tested with (and that is causing the problem)?

Comment

• anadra323
                              • Oct 2003

well u assume that it may be something like that, but i have no clue what the setting maybe. i have already tried everything i could think of and anything suggested by others as well.

Comment

Working...