Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • achorn666
    • Jul 2003

divx player problem (xvid no audio)

i know this has been asked before but i am at my wits end...

i am trying to play an xvid video using divx player and it says no audio : audio tag 85

i have installed every codec i know of, and have uninstalled and reinstalled them all, no luck

i have tried the VDub trick (saving as wav, etc..) no luck...

ive used Gspot and it says its mpeg-layer 3, iso/mpeg and that i have frankheopper (however its spelled) mpeg-3 layer and mpeg-3 codec decoder that can play it, but it wont play.. i have ac3 installed, so i dont think its that...

it works on every other player, but not Divx player.. is there anyway to fix this.. divx player is my fav player and i really dont want to change, because when i advance on divx player it doesnt stop for a few sec like others do its a smooth scroll... i know that sounds odd, but trust me its important to me...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"audio tag 85"

Yes, that's the decimal code for an .MP3 audiostream (00x55 hexadecimal)...

Comment

• achorn666
      • Jul 2003

ok, so how do i make it so my xvid movies will play on my divx player? or maybe can i convert them back to divx? will they play then?

Comment

• achorn666
        • Jul 2003

ok update... i reinstalled divx 5.1 and divx player 2.5.. now the audio tag thing is gone, but now i cant hear the sound.. there is no error message, but no sound either.. i have all the codecs i need, i dont know why it wont work...

Comment

Working...