• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryo94
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Mar 2002

Nero and HD-Burn Video DVD

Hi, I bought a DVD-RW MSI DR4-A, this device comes with hd-burn technology (can write 1.4GB on a 700MB cd). One of the options that I have in Nero 5.5.10.50 is "HD-Burn Video DVD" this means I can burn in dvd format almost 2hours of video in a 700MB stadard CD (see http://www.digital-sanyo.com/BURN-Proof/HD-BURN)The problem is that when I try to use the hd-burn feature the following message appear "Power calibration error" "Burn process failed",
    I also test this feature in Nero 6.0.0.15 and the burning process fails too but shows another error message
    Any idea why can be happening this?
    In the file attached you can see the log file of the failed burning process with Nero 5.5.10.50.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ryo94; 28 Oct 2003, 07:12 PM.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

hi Ryo94

The problem is that when I try to use the hd-burn feature the following message appear "Power calibration error" "Burn process failed",

i have the optorite DD0203 burner, which is also made by Sanyo. I got the same error you got and found out it was because the brand of CD media wasn't HD-burn compatible. I have used Fuji CD-R without any problems to date. I've burnt up to 1.42GB on these Fuji disks. Using Dvdinfo pro my memorex cd blanks read HD-burn certified but gave the same error. From my experience i would say your CD media is not compatible. Hope this helps.
    ps. just curious, what brand of CD-R media are you using ?

Comment

• Ryo94
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Mar 2002

Thanks a lot tigerman8u, I thought that hd-burn works fine with any cd-r, I will try to get Fuji CD-Rs to try again.
      Thanks again

Comment

Working...