Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SLING007
    • Oct 2003

Video Capturing

I have tried many programs for video capturing. None of which work perfectly for me. I have use power vcr for watching and recoding tv but when recording it creates a new file every 600mb. Is there a way to stop that so it records to one big mpeg file. Also i have tried capturing with virtual vcr. I used the DV codec for that but after about 40 min of capturing it seems to loose sync which is bloody annoying. Is there a program that can capture to one huge mpg file or an avi file with out loosing sync. Disk space is not a issue for me but getting a good quality synced movies what i am after. Any ideas

SLING
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

I think we're gonna need to know more details about your hardware. Also, what OS are you using? Pre-ME won't handle huge files. Your app should have a setting somewhere for splitting. It's currently writing 600Mb files for copying to CD. There should be other options, 4.7Gb for DVD for instance.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

both intervideo and cyberlink has newer versions of virtual vcrs check those. cant remember the name i think one is power vcr II and other is windvr 3
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• SLING007
        • Oct 2003

Thank for your help guys. I figured out a solution to the problem. Virtual VCR has a cool function that ensures that the video is sync .

SLING

Comment

Working...