X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Georg
    • Oct 2003

Capturing software

Hello,

I have used now many programs, Pinnacle Studio 8, Movie Maker 1 and 2, Premiere for capturing. But none of these programs fit with my needs. Pinnacle doesn't have good settings for me, Movie maker 2 has broken manual capturing here and MM1 captured movie has like littlebit slow framerate for some reason, though I selected 30.

So, maybe somebody can suggest me software, only for capturing, that makes good quality files from 60 minute tapes and with size that fits to a 700MB CD-R and would be nice if that codec can encode real time and doesn't have long loading time after capturing.

Thanks!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try VirtualDub's built-in capture program...

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

yeah virtual dub's capture is good, also using divx will give far more better pic quality then say mpeg , as ur need is 1 hr video to be fit on 700 mb cdr.

but if u wanna spent money try power director 2.55 and video studio 7 and chose one frm them. ull get more options..
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• Georg
        • Oct 2003

Hmm, thanks, but the VirtualDub says some RGB error when I put it into capture mode and it doesnt capture any frame.

Comment

Working...