Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisojp
    • Nov 2003

Very strange problem

Hi all, I have a very vexing problem and I would appreciate any help or advice you could give me. The problem is that I have two folders of video files, one folder contains 22 avi files the other 24 mpg files. The contents of the folders were dowloaded at once and were originally approx. 3 gb large with each individual file approximately 100mb in size. The size of the files has suddenly changes with each file appearing well over 1 gb in size and when played in win media player the running time displayed is 150 minutes when the actual clip is only 20 minutes long.

Has anyone come across this before? If so I would truly appreciate any advice.
    Thanks
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

The file sizes haven't changed...someone split the original file and the video headers still tell the player the file is the same length as the original.

Comment

• chrisojp
      • Nov 2003

How can I remedy this so that the true size is reflected?

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Video header information is contained in the first few kilobytes of the movie. If you load the .avi's and mpeg1's into VirtualDub, start the vid and immediately stop it, under "edit" hit ""set selection start", under file hit "save as....avi" it should give you an AVI with new header info. For MPEG2 use MPEG2CUT and click forward progress a couple of frames...set start parameter and save...this will lop off the header...but the file should still play.

Comment

• chrisojp
          • Nov 2003

Didn't work, new file is even bigger than before, won't fit on HDD.

Comment

Working...