Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stewman18
    • Nov 2003

Movies Freeze Occasionally Strange Problem

Hey I need help! You guys seem to have solved everyone elses problems really well, so maybe you can help me out with this.
    Here's the situation.

I un-installed all the codecs that I previously had, and installed the Tsunami Codec Pack to allow me to play one Xvid file that wouldn't play otherwise. All my others files were playing fine.

Now everything plays but all of my Divx files freeze occasionally. It only happens maybe twice on each file so its not a huge deal, but I'm sure the problem wasn't there before. I have Divx antifreeze but it doesn't do anything. The freezes occur in the same places on each file and are not severely prohibitive and like i said only occur maybe 2 times for an hour and a half long file so I can scroll over them. It's just annoying cuz I know they were working before.

I guess if I could just convert that one Xvid file to Divx I could install the original Nemo Codec pack and everything would work again without the freezes but if there's a way to have everything play right that would be ideal. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

If you are using DivX 5 decoder, make sure the Smooth Playback (or is it called Film Effect?) is disabled. You might also want to try FFDShow to decode both DivX and XviD files instead.

Comment

Working...