• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • c_correa_1980
    • Nov 2003

problems with bruce almighty

hi
    i need some help
    i have bruce almighty with two lenguages, the original english and rusian. both at the same time.
    i don't know how to eliminate the rusian
    maybe there is a editor or something
    thanks
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

A friend sent me a VHS from Moscow...Zolotoy Glaz (Golden Eye) ("James Bond!!! Nul Nul Sym"). It's the way it was dubbed...with an interpreter speaking over low volumn English. I especially enjoyed the part where the English actor tried to speak Russian..."Katory Vy" (an attempt at "Who are you")...the interpreter corrected "Kto Vy".

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

c_correa_1980,

If the two languages are located under the same track, you are out of luck. However, if each of the language is located in separate tracks (e.g. English on left channel and Russian on right channel), you can simply extract out these sound tracks and re-mux the video with ONLY the english track. The sound will be in mono, but it's better than the annoying bilingual sounds.

Cheers.

Comment

• -{TheOne42}-
        • Nov 2003

rent the movie from a video store, rip to hd with dvddecrypter, reencode with vstrip to make 1 file, then open the vob with DVD2AVI then sav the ENGLISH ac3 to a file, open it with besweet and encode to mp3. open the your avi file with vdmod, select the mp3 as audio, check the framerates of both, then set to direct stream copy and save it.

I know this defeats the whole purpose of having the file in the first place, but im just trying to help = )

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

Egad! It sure was convoluted what we had to do in the old days to rip and prep a DVD. Nowadays we just sic DVDShrink on it...and in 30 minutes everything is ripped, edited, sized for 4.7 GB disc and packaged for burn.

Comment

Working...