X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Conehead
    • Aug 2003

Virtual Dub (mod) Question

Hi Guys,

Just want to know if it is possible to save a movie file in Virtual dub (or V Dub Mod) as anything else than .AVI ?
    I'm having troubble with an mpeg2 file that I am currently cutting and cropping with V dub Mod but I have to save it as .AVI and then run it in TMPGEnc again in order to burn it as SVCD. Is there
    a better way ?

Thanks
    Cone
  • luctmrc
    • Nov 2003

I'm not sure but you probably can't. What you could do is get the huffyuv codec which is a lossless codec, if loss of quality through this long process is what you're concerned about. (You will obviously need a lot of hard drive space for this tho) I dunno, someone smarter than me will probably tell you that there IS in fact a better way. Which would be great cause I wanna know it too.

Comment

• Conehead
      • Aug 2003

Thanks for the reply luctmrc.
      Then we both eagerly await for the "rocket scientists" to enter
      the forum

cheers

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Well, let's see. There must be a million ways to edit MPEG2's. You can split it with MPEG2CUT and put it back together with HJSplit or a storyboard editor (like ULead VS7)...if you don't want to use TMPGenc to do it.

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

Originally posted by rsquirell
          Well, let's see. There must be a million ways to edit MPEG2's. You can split it with MPEG2CUT and put it back together with HJSplit or a storyboard editor (like ULead VS7)...if you don't want to use TMPGenc to do it.
          Also u may try using power director pro 2.55 if u want to save time , as reencoding done is quick with SVRT option
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To Conehead

"I'm having troubble with an mpeg2 file that I am currently cutting and cropping with V dub Mod but I have to save it as .AVI and then run it in TMPGEnc again in order to burn it as SVCD. Is there
            a better way ?"

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

Comment

Working...