Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yang
    • Nov 2003

Making DVD Widescreen Slide Show

I have a project to produce 50 scenery widescreen still pictures to play on DVD player. I am using a 16:9 plasma screen to enhance the photo quality. I wish to present it in the best possible quality.

I am using PAL system. Base on the hight of 756 I computed using the ratio of 16:9 to prepare the pictures at 1280X768 pixel (slightly bigger).

1. I am seeking help to find out what is the best way to make a high quality photo DVD.

2. Since there will be space left, can I combine both 4:3 and 16:9 into the same DVD. I have another set that is prepared at 1024X768.

3. I will probably use less then 650mb. Will SVCD accept widescreen? Any drop in quality?

Thanks

Note: I tried using Sonic MyDVD (came with Pioneer DVD RW), but it automatically shrink and make it into 4:3 letterbox which degrades the quality.
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

www.dvdrhelp.com is the site for you. You can find ass loads of documentation on all kids of crazy stuff people do with DVD (and video in general) as well as accurate documentation of the offical standards DVD is capable of.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I am using PAL system. Base on the hight of 756"

Hopefully, this is only a typo on your part. The correct vertical resolution of a PAL DVD is 576, NOT 756...

Comment

• yang
        • Nov 2003

Thank you for the info, it was not a typo.

I made a mistake and use 756 (instead of 576) as the height to calculate the width (16:9) and got 1280. Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

Using 576 and 16:9 ratio, now the width is 1024. I will prepare the picture at 576X1024.

My main proplem is not producing 4:3 ratio DVD because I have done it.

But I could not produce widescreen DVD on my 16:9 plama screen. Could you tell me how to put the 576X1024 pic in DVD without degrading quality?

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thank you for the info, it was not a typo."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...