Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aparup
    • Nov 2003

Problem with digital video capture through ilink firewire

I have a Samsung VPD60 camcorder with iLINK supprot. There is an option for recording videos to PC with firewire. However, when ever I try to record video with firewire it records for some seconds and then the PC screen gets blurred to several boxes of different colors, sometime the video in the back (poorly visible) with the little colored squares still at the front.

Samsung does not provide any help for it. If any one experienced it and sloved, please help.
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

I believe you are describing "pixcelation"...where the image breaks down into little digital blocks. Tell us about your hardware and OS.

Comment

• Aparup
      • Nov 2003

Thanks

Thank you very much for taking interest to my question. I have tried with Mac as also with WinXP with many different capturing softwares, the results are always the same.

At present I am using a highend PC, Intel P-4 2.8Mhz. with 512 MB ram with ATI Readon 9000 display card. When I connect my camcorder with computer, it is recognized by the PC and in the camcorder LCD I see 'DV in' message. As I stated previously, it goes well for a few seconds then turns to several boxes of different colors, when I try to capture video.

Any further help would be appreciated.
      Aparup

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

You have plenty of firepower. My experience with pixcelation on capture had to do with trying to capture at too high a bitrate ( in excess of 8000kbps). You say you've used different capturing software...have you tried ULead Video Studio 7?

Comment

• Aparup
          • Nov 2003

Oh yes, I tried with Ulead Video Studio only yesterday before posting the message here, with the same problem. That is why I think it is a problem due to the Camcorder itself or?

Comment

• Aparup
            • Nov 2003

By the way, can anyone control the capture bitrate? Please expalin. Thanks

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

Some capture software allows for that adjustment. Before we start blaming the camcorder...I've seen people say they have had similar problems. One guy corrected it but capturing bottom field first (field B) and another claimed to have success by changing interlace to deinterlace. Your problem may be in the settings for your capture software (VS7).

Comment

• Aparup
                • Nov 2003

Thank you very much. Could you please suggest in detail and step-by-step approach what should I do exactly? I am using at present Ulead Mediastudio pro 7.1.

Comment

• rsquirell
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Feb 2003

Mediastudio pro is their high end ($500) stuff...out of my league. In VS7 under the capture tab there's and options button on the left...and a pliers/hammer icon signifying tools next to the screen...and a box containing film information (including field order). I guess you have a similar arrangement...poke around...change one thing at a time, and if it doesn't work change it back and try another. I wish I could be more definitive. You can find ULead Tech Support link in the tool icon...faqs and user forums on their web site.

Comment

Working...