Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tunesman22
    • Oct 2003

Mac vs PC

Hello. I recently bought an Apple Power Mac G4. I've owned pcs for quite awhile now, and I love working with them. I bought the mac because I've been hearing from a lot of people lately that macintosh computers are better for video editing than pcs. In my case, I'll have to agree with that statement, because neither one of my pcs are able to produce edited video that doesn't have shaky video during effects and transitions.
    I was wondering if there are any more advantages the mac has over pcs. I'm not really pro or con either way toward one type or the other, I just want to gather some information about macs and why some of you might prefer it more than a pc.
    If anyone has some opinions on this, I'd be glad to hear from you.
    All replies are welcome.

Tunesman22.
  • luctmrc
    • Nov 2003

FinalCut
    64-bit processors

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

Well, Mac's are supposed to be easier to work with...idiot proof so to speak. But once you have your system tuned for video and learn the software available you can do anything a Mac can do on a PC. Since you can't make anything better than your source, I'd say nothing you make is better than mine...and there's more software available for a PC...and it keeps getting improved and easier to work with every day.

Comment

• sergelac
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by rsquirell
        Well, Mac's are supposed to be easier to work with...idiot proof so to speak.
        Mac's are for idiot,

Originally posted by rsquirell
        But once you have your system tuned for video and learn the software available you can do anything a Mac can do on a PC. Since you can't make anything better than your source, I'd say nothing you make is better than mine...and there's more software available for a PC...and it keeps getting improved and easier to work with every day.
        i agree.
        there's more software available for a PC,
        more software, more games, more everything

Comment

Working...