Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lemonshark
    • Nov 2003

Help! Is this a movie????

Hi, I'm new in using DVDShrink. The program worked fine in my first trials and I copied the files to a dvd just the way DVDshrink generated them.

My Player doesn't recognize the files on the dvd as a movie but shows me a list of folders instead. The folders contain the various parts of the movie (one the menu, the next 2 or 3 the movie, the next one the additionals...). Klicking on the folder, the movie starts (even the menu is playing as a movie) playing.

What am I making wrong? Is there a way to make player recognize the dvd as usual?

• sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Hi, a couple of pointers:

You need to burn the DVD in a video or DVD compatibilty mode rather than straightforward data. What application are you using to burn?

All files have to be in a VIDEO_TS folder for the players to read. You may also need an AUDIO_TS folder alongside for player compatibility with standalones.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

As sfheath points out...the files and folders you see are what's developed when you make a DVD...and you can get it to start by clicking on the IFO or menu. The problem is this is supposed to be done automatically by your stand-alone player. Why don't you read your player's documentation to see if it has a setting you must use to automatically have your DVD open with the menu.

Comment

• lemonshark
        • Nov 2003

hmmm.... I used B's Recorder Gold 5. I'll try to create the Video_TS and Audio_TS folder an see...

Thanks!

Comment

• lemonshark
          • Nov 2003

Yep! Problem solved. My personal burn-slave (= my son) called me right now and told me that we have a perfect working dvd...

Thanks again!

Comment

• sfheath
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Sep 2003

Happy to help
            This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...