Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vtraudt
    • Nov 2003

Make PAL DVD from home video

I want to share my home video with friends in Europe by making PAL DVDs.

Currently, I use Studio 8 to capture, edit and output avi file.
    Then use TMPGenc to create PAL format m2v and wav.

Then would use DVD Complete to output PAL DVD.

While the above worked, the video (already the one coming out of TMPGenc) show lots of motion "jitter", i.e. all straight lines, edges, etc. are very zigzagged when the objects or the camera move (even zoom creates those).

I played with interlaced/non interlaced, VBR and CBR etc.

a) Is there anything wrong in my procedure to create quality PAL DVD/s? What can I change to avoid the "Jitter".

b) What other ways can you recommend to get my video into PAL DVD's (concepts/software/settings, etc.).

Thanks for the help.

Volker
  • vtraudt
    • Nov 2003

I received one comment, who had a similar problem. He described the "jitter" as zzzzzz in straight lines; may describe it better.

Comment

• vtraudt
      • Nov 2003

Reading another post, I just had wanted to this possible problems source: could it be the capture card? I would doubt it, sinde the capture itself and the consecutive editing/burning in NTSC DVD format works well. Just a thought!

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
        • Sep 2003

the card could be the problem if it is an NTSC card and your capturing at 480 lines when pal needs 576 lines. Theres also framerate diffrences to.

That all should be corrected when you convert it to MPEG 2 though so I dont know.

Comment

Working...