Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PadrePio
    • Nov 2003

Tv On Pc help

I have an tv card on my laptop and a cable to show the pc screen on the tv (and the other way, the cable have an switch [to, from])
    How do I get if poseble the picture on tv to the laptop so that i can capture the content ?

PadrePio

{ .Sorry 4 my bad Eng . }
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

Re: Tv On Pc help

Originally posted by PadrePio
    I have an tv card on my laptop and a cable to show the pc screen on the tv (and the other way, the cable have an switch [to, from])
    How do I get if poseble the picture on tv to the laptop so that i can capture the content ?

PadrePio

{ .Sorry 4 my bad Eng . }
    if u just wanna capture ur cable tv then just use virtual dub for capturing ur tv pprograms.

but if u want to capture from other sources like vhs/dv u need a input for capturing, check if ur tv card has a input for such. usually tv cards can accept analog input. i.e composite input for video.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• PadrePio
      • Nov 2003

Do annyone know if GeForce 2 Mx/MX 400 suports this, and if yes anny ideea of anny good apps to dl to capture from tv/vhs ?
      PadrwPio

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

"Do annyone know if GeForce 2 Mx/MX 400 suports this"

To be able to capture videos, you need a card with video-in support. I am not sure if any card within the Geforce MX family line has support for this, but if your card does not support video-in you will need to get yourself a capture card.

Regards.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
          • Sep 2003

I dont know of any video cards that have TV_In other then ATI's "All-In-Wonder" line.

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

GeneralLeoFF,

Some Leadtek-branded Geforce cards come with video input support, accordingly branded VIVO. This is prevalent with their Geforce4 Ti4200-powered cards.

Regards.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
              • Sep 2003

i'll havr to look into them. I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative then ATI and I put more requirment into video captur ability then 3D gaming. I want a high end capture card that supports firewire, S-Video, Composite, Component, and Coax in/out with NTSC, PAL, and ATSC modes as well as with hardware mpeg 1/2/4 encoding/decoding and with SVGA and DVI output. It should also be able to tune Digital cable and sat both free-to-air and DirectTV/Dish Network. All it has to be able to do is handle simple 2D graphics. I dont want a gaming rig just a tiny media PC. I can do it with multiple cards (all but digital cable and pay sattelite that is) but it requires multiple cards and my Mini-ITX motherboard I want to build onto has just 1 PCI slot avalible.

If anyone can find me that i'll be happy

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Forget the Leadtek VIVO cards then. I recall they only come with S-video In & Out ports, in addition to the usual ports for monitors.

Regards.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
                  • Sep 2003

I have a feeling you may be intrested in this machine to. It is not yet on the market and there is no full specs released yet but it appears to be the worlds first tryely integrated PC/TV device ever. It's a comerical DVD player with a 1GHz VIA M10000 motherboard built in. It's upgradable to and I plane to buy it once it is avalible and slap my much more powerfull 3.2 GHz Commel P4 HT motherbord with LVDS (for LCD desplays. commonly used on those touch screen PC's you see in record stors and stuff to view samples of movies or listen to CD tracks) in it

Burred someplace on there site is a photo of the back panel with LOADS of cool conection option.s Most of what I want is there already but i'm not 100% sure the PC side of the thing can directly interface with many of them and they might be there just for the DVD player.

Comment

• atifsh
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2003

GeneralLeoFF what u need still require u to hav 2 pci and a agp slot, incase ur mini atx board hav builtin agp then 2 pci slots,

1: hardware encder mpeg1 2 with firewire and composite --200$
                    2: digital reciever (DVB i guess). -- ?

Comment

• atifsh
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by GeneralLeoFF
                      I dont know of any video cards that have TV_In other then ATI's "All-In-Wonder" line.
                      i got one leadtek Geforce 4 MX 460 64 mb VIVO card with video in and out. bbut that dont have hardware encoder, and capturing realtime mpeg1 or non realtime mpeg1 bboth gives ****ty qualiy.

non real time mpeg2 or realtime divx @ above 2000 is pretty ok.

Comment

• sfheath
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Sep 2003

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned USB yet?
                        Hauppauge among others make external devices eg the PVR http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/html/pvr_prod.htm#pvrusb2
                        This would I'm sure be the best way for composite capture for a laptop or just if you don't have the pci slots.
                        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...