Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NBKNAS
    • Jan 2002

questions about MENUS on DVDS

Hey, i check the newbie side and It don't seem to talk much about menus.

Now I know its easy to make menus. But There are some things I want to do and I don't know how

Here are the things. If you can give me a link to what program/tutorial can help me do any of those things, it would be helpful:

1- The biggest problem is I can't find a program that can let me do an introduction movie before the menu appears. You know, like you see in most hollywood dvds where there is an intro.. then at the end of the movie, it becomes a menu. I just need to figure out how to do that.

2-Also, on the same subject, if lets say I do intro movie, then there is the menu. Now If i want to put a movie animation between the two menus. how do i do that? Meaning, menu 1.. i click on something.. an animation occurs to get me to the next menu.(i have all the intros and movies ready for it, i just don't know how ti infiltrate them between the menus, etc.)

3- I am new to the dvd world. So can anyone give me an idea of how open is someone to making menus. Meaning, can I use flash? or stuff like that? How free is someone to create animated buttons like they do in flash/director and stuff.
    This might sound dumb, but i am not sure.. is it with coding? if there is a program/tutorial/or you know the answer.. plz help me!! I have 1 month left to finish my portfolio/dvd for university

thanks in advance
  • evan
    • Jan 2002

To put a intro "movie" to play before a movie, simply make your intro your first play item. When it finishes lead into your menu.

A link animation between menus / other items is simply another piece of footage that is played immediately on the menu button press, it finishes then you lead into the next item.

This is possible with Spruce Maestro. But i believe most packages give these functions.
    Create your animations with anything you like as long as you can mpeg it at ntsc or Pal spec to Mpeg2 DVD spec you can use it as a menu background, or footage , doesn,t matter.

Comment

Working...