Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samsam
    • Nov 2003

To All Brothers & Sisters

I got a problem and solve it and my post is to help if you got the same problem :-

If you ripped a DVD using DVDSHRINK software and Nero 6 and you found that is not working on your home DVD player.

1- once you finshed with DVDSHRINK software and saved it on your hard disk.
    2- Open your Nero 6 software and chose DVD from top left menu.
    3- Under data menu clik on UDF/ISO.
    4- make shore you have both VIDEO_TS (with all your movie files in it) and create an AUDIO_TS folder (with no files)
    5- Now drag both folders in the middle window
    6- Clik on burn, clik on UDF
    Clik on force DVD-Video compatibility mode [required for
    Xbox TM]
    7- Clik on Burn and wait for process to complete. now enjoy your movie on any HOME DVD PLAYER

Best regards to all
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

ahh didnt notice this was also your post. cool ya got it working

Comment

• defaultuser
      • Nov 2003

Thanks for your instructions on troublesome DVD standalone players. I have a APEX-AD-1500 Player which can play DVD+R with no problem using the DVD-Video format, but two others at a different location which cannot ( Another Apex Model, and a Sony Model. Model #'s unknown at this writing ).

I am trying the DVD-UDF/ISO format as per your direction and will report back the results.

Just a quick question about the directions:
      On Step #5:"Now drag both folders in the middle window".

Don't really understand what is meant by that. What I did is right clicked in the folder window, and created two folders; AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Then opened explorer and dragged the VOB files into the VIDEO_TS folder. Then proceeded. What was the intention of step #5? Did you mean to create the two folders in the hard disk folder and then drag them into the compilation window in Nero? This may be confusing to newbies. Seems easier to me to just right click in folder window in Nero and select "Create Folder".

Keep up the good work!

Comment

• samsam
        • Nov 2003

What I ment is

Before you do your backup you should have two folders created VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS in a folder {example TERMENATOR 3] and ensure that when you are doing the backup the destnation should be the VIDEO_TS.

When you are in burning stage using nero UDF/ISO option you should drag both folders in the middle menu of nero and not the files, as the folder [ VIDEO_TS] contain all the files needed.

Please note for information that all home DVD players will look for these folders to start your movie.

Best regards and good luck
        Last edited by samsam; 1 Dec 2003, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...