Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toeth
    • Dec 2003

DVD-R won't play in DVD-rom drive

I'm using a Cyberhome DVD Recorder, a solo unit.

The DVDR's I record in it play fine on my Samsung DVD player and on the Cyberhome.

However when I try playing it in my DVD-Rom drive in the computer, I can see the menu, but when I open one of the sections, there is no picture or sound. I tried Windows Media Player, and another DVD playing program on my computer. I can see the menu on both of the players, but none will play the video, and I don't get any error messages.

Any suggestions and explainations?

Thanks!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It's quite possible that your DVD-ROM recognizes DVD+Rs and not DVD-rs.

The fact that it plays from both your burner and a standalone DVD player indicates that there's nothing wrong with the burned DVD...

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
      • Sep 2003

I dont think he would even be able to see the menu if he couldent read DVD-R on his PC drive if it could just read + format.

Get the model number and i'll check it's compatability.

Comment

• toeth
        • Dec 2003

Thanks for the responses.

I looked at the DVD I used, it's a Memorex DVD+R.

I haven't the slightest idea where I can find the serial number for my DVD-rom drive, since it came pre-installed in my PC.

I was initially concerned there was a problem with the DVD, but since setarip said it's a good disc if it's plays in a standalone. That's a plus.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
          • Sep 2003

you can dig out the model number by opening the PC (less attractive option) and looking on top of the drive or it might say on the controll panel under system>hardware>device manager then look for CD/DVD Drives.

Sence you say it's the stock drive that came with the computer i'll take a wild guess and say it's a Panasonic A06 or some varent. That drive was hugley populer with OEMs

Comment

Working...