Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dolomite41
    • Jul 2003

Vhs To Svcd

I would like to transfer my VHS Video to CD. How do I do this. What is the best Video / TV inpt card that I must have. what else I need to perform the task. Please help me out from What should I have in terms of hardware and software ..
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

Re: Vhs To Svcd

Originally posted by dolomite41
    What should I have in terms of hardware and software ..
    check www.pinnaclesys.com, www.snazzi.com for capturing cards. capturing card with hardware encoder chip will be better, else u need faster 2.0 ghz pc.

for software u may try pinnacle studio8, ulead video studio 7, both can be downloaded for trial or use TmpgEnc for free.

(pinnacle studio also comes bundld with their cards)
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

There are lots of options...type VHS Conversion into google. Don't run out and buy the cheapest thing on the market unless you want blurry capture. The good capture cards will advertise they capture in 720X480 resolution (even though that's impossible ...considering VHS is, at best, 356X240) and will cost around $200 USD. I've, personally, been very pleased with the Pinnacle Dazzle DVC-150...you can pick it up at a local Circuit City (and if it doesn't work for you you can take it back in 30 days.)

Comment

• tcreson
        • Nov 2003

My experience w/ Pinnacle was extremely poor. I tried a couple of other cards, but they weren't a whole lot better. I finally settled with installing a firewire card in my machine and using an analog/digital conversion box. What the box does is make my firewire card think it's hooked up to a digital source, like a camcorder. If your camcorder can be hooked up via firewire, you can just use that. Some camcorders allow you to use them as a "pass through", such that VHS player -> RCA wire -> camcorder -> firewire -> computer.
        I would hightly suggest Ulead's Media Studio Pro.

Comment

• sfheath
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Sep 2003

Not delved into VHS conversions yet but had been pondering the Hauppauge PVR 250/350. A recent addition to the wide range though is the Adaptec VideOh! Centre.
          This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

The Dazzle DVC-150 is an external hardware capture device fed to the computer's USB2 port...it's not a card...It was purchased by Pinnacle in August, and they say Pinnacle Studio8 now works with it ( but I still use the old drivers/capture software that originally came with it.)

Comment

Working...