X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wobbles
    • May 2003

video freezes in regular bursts

Hi all
    I have done a search & altho' there are many freeze queries the only post that was similar was from sonny F in October (I think! lol)
    I quote part of it:-

"I've been looking for solutions to the problem of videos (whether avi or mpg) that stall/pause while you watch them, where the video portion freezes for 10 to 30 seconds (etc) and then resumes, often while the audio continues to play."

Just in the past few days my movies have been freezing for very short periods....5 secs or so.......& then fast forwarding to catch up with the dialogue which simply continues during the freeze.
    I have checked the new movies for errors with divfix & none are found so I tried some of my older ones. These are behaving the same even tho they have not frozen previously!

The short bursts wouldn't be so bad if it only happened occasionally but it happens all the way through........about evey 5 mins or so! (I am developing a stutter in my eyeballs! lol)
    It started after I installed a new codec pack so I uninstalled & tried to reinstall all my previous codecs etc (do aspi layers count??) but maybe I have missed something as its still happening?

I have read many of the other posts but they dont relate to this prob as it appears to be nothing to do with the burning or conversions etc.
    Any help would be much appreciated.........perhaps a list of all the codecs required so that I could check them off! Maybe I have too many & there is a conflict?

Someone please rescue my sanity.....thanx very much for your time folks!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you are running WinXP, do a "restore" to the day prior to when you initially "installed a new codec pack"...

Comment

• wobbles
      • May 2003

Hi setarip!
      I tried that but my system restore refuses to work! I searched that prob on the web & found some advice to correct it but unfortunately the required correction patch wipes out the non working restore points & only works for points set after its use.
      (I haven't used the patch yet as I am still hoping that maybe someone, somewhere, has another answer that I can use while I still have the earlier restore points!! Ok I'm an optimist.....lol)
      So you see my hands are tied and my eyeballs continue to flicker! heh heh heh

Comment

Working...