Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigsyd1
    • Jan 2002

maybe setarip can help ?

i have just ripped a dvd ( reg 1 ntsc 16 x 9 )with smart ripper all ok then i used dvd2avi witch it said top of picture screen 720x480 , i do not think that is ok,but i then carry on then i use tmpge and use the settings SETARIP gave in a past reply when i play the film back it is in 4x3 and the picture is i think they call it interlaced. i am trying 2 make a vcd all my reg 2 conversions work fine ,the settings i use in tmpge are set 4 ntsc i think, can any body give me the settings 4 these 3 progs 2 make a vcd from a reg 1 dvd .vcd help is not very clear on this
    IT IS BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In TMPGEnc, click on the "Setting" radio button. Under both "Video" and "Advanced", set the aspect ratio to one of the 16:9 proportions. If, in fact, the video is interlaced, under "Advanced", set the topmost box to "Interlaced" and put a checkmark next to "Deinterlace (None"). Remember to set the mode under the "System" tab to "MPEG1-Video CD (NOT just "MPEG1").

Since you're already experienced at making VCDs with TMPGEnc, I'll simply say, you know how to do the rest.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• bigsyd1
      • Jan 2002

Originally posted by setarip
      In TMPGEnc, click on the "Setting" radio button. Under both "Video" and "Advanced", set the aspect ratio to one of the 16:9 proportions. If, in fact, the video is interlaced, under "Advanced", set the topmost box to "Interlaced" and put a checkmark next to "Deinterlace (None"). Remember to set the mode under the "System" tab to "MPEG1-Video CD (NOT just "MPEG1").

Since you're already experienced at making VCDs with TMPGEnc, I'll simply say, you know how to do the rest.

Let us know of your success ;>}
      thanks 4 the help finaly sorted my problem i usually use the size
      352x288 but 4 some reason this made a mess of the picture ( jagged edges on the edges ,witch i thought was interlacing ) but using the setting 352x240 has sorted out the problem
      IT IS BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY

Comment

Working...