Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ponchoboy
    • Dec 2003

choppy xvid playback

hello, i have a file encoded in Xvid with AC3 audio and I am getting choppy playback. i have tried several different Xvid codecs and FFDShow. i've even tried changing the FourCC code too. playing the file in Media Player 6.4 seems to help a bit... but it is still a little choppy. i think its the video itself since i dont have this problem with any other Xvid movies. is there anything i can do to fix this? thanks in advance.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Does your CPU usage max out at 100% when playing this movie?

Comment

• ponchoboy
      • Dec 2003

nah the CPU doesn't max out. i think i may have found the problem though... or something close. i've read other places that Xvid doesnt like to play nicely with AC3 audio. i uninstalled the AC3 codecs and lo and behold the video played perfectly smoothly. will a different AC3 codec solve my problem? why are AC3 codecs so damn hard to find?

Comment

• ponchoboy
        • Dec 2003

yeah that did it... found a better AC3 codec... thanks for all the help!!! (hehe)

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I don't think I helped much there. Anyway, you're welcome.

Comment

• BoF
            • Nov 2001

Originally posted by ponchoboy
            yeah that did it... found a better AC3 codec... thanks for all the help!!! (hehe)
            could you say us which ac3 codec you've choosen? (ac3filter I guess )
            [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

Working...