Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muzickmaniack
    • Dec 2003

.tar to vcd

Ok, I know everyone but me seems to understand how to convert from .tar to vcd, but I REALLY NEED someone to give me a step by step instruction on how to do this and what it is I need for software to make it happen. Please, someone, anyone who is good with this help me out. I would be forever in debt for the help. Thank you.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

".tar" is a compression format, similar to ".zip". It has nothing whatsoever to do with the nature of the contents of the compressed file(s).

You should be able to use a program such as WinRAR to decompress your ".rar" file. Once you've accomplished that, you'll know what the contents are...

Comment

• muzickmaniack
      • Dec 2003

Um, thanks but I already knew that. What my problem is, is that I don't have a clue what it is I need to do with the .tar files to get them to burn to vcd. I.E.--What, step by step mind you, do I need to do to make a vcd from a .tar.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Um, thanks but I already knew that"

Um, apparently you don't "know that". First decompress the ".tar" files - and then post back here what the contents are.

"What, step by step mind you, do I need to do to make a vcd from a .tar."

One DOESN'T make a VCD from a ".tar"...

Comment

• muzickmaniack
          • Dec 2003

Ok, here is the deal, say i get a file labeled-The.Matrix-Revolutions.TS.SVCD-TCR-CD2.rar. HOW do you convert THAT to a vcd. This one happens to be .rar, but most are .TAR. I haven't been able to figure this out. This is exactly what i am talking about. So in essence YES I DO make a vcd from a .tar, .rar, and so on. And that mind you shows that I DO know that. But now that you have a filename and a potential source for the information i am trying to gain knowledge of, maybe you can be a bit more helpful. How bout it?? You have heard of irc i am assuming?? Well, this is the place where you can find such files. In chat rooms that share them. Places like efnet, dalnet, undernet and thousands of others just like them. If you've ever visited one of these places and downloaded anything, then by this point in the post you should know exactly what it is i am asking for. If not, then disregard the entire post and i won't bother you any further. Thank you for your time.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
            • Sep 2003

"The.Matrix>Reolutions.TS.SVCD-TCR-CD2.rar" is a telesync already encoded as an S-VCD by release group TCR compressed into a rar file. Ods are inside that rare file is a .bin file and a .cue file. You would just extract the files using WinRAR (Use google to find it) and then burn the BIN/CUE ISO image with yer preferd CD burning aplication. CDRWin (again use google) is the most common program for burning BIN/CUE format images.

Thw RAR file in itself (same with the tar files) is NOT the file you burn. You must extract the files from them.

Anyway I think this post is in violation of the new rules that will soon take effect to BTW

Comment

• muzickmaniack
              • Dec 2003

Thank you GeneralLeoFF. That is the answer I believe I was looking for. I appreciate the information. And if this type of question is a violation, I apologize and will not post such again. Thank you again and have a happy holiday.

Comment

Working...