Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • De Joker
    • Aug 2002

White bar across picture after recording

I recently tried to record from my vcr on to my pc using the (composite) video-in on my Gainward 650XP (geforce 4200ti), but no matter what i do i get a white bar in the middle of the screen for the full width of the screen, so only a part above and below the bar is visible.

This only happens when i playback the recorded part and sometimes the beginning is ok but then after a few seconds the bar appears. The source picture from the vcr on the screen is ok.

I have tried several programms, first i tried the software that came with the card Intervideo WinProducer 3 then i tried virtualdub and finally i tried Intervideo WinDVD Recorder but they all have the same result.

I also tried recording to different formats such as vcd, svcd and uncompressed avi, but without succces.

I do have several codecs installed on my pc (divx 5, Xvid, AC3 etc.) because i also convert DVD's to divx and my operating system is Windows Xp professional with servicepack 1a.

Does anyone have a solution for me, because i really want to digitize my old vcr tapes.

Thanks Robert
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"i get a white bar in the middle of the screen for the full width of the screen, so only a part above and below the bar is visible."

You are seing a form of copy protection called Macrovision. Check the Macrovision sub-forum here for information...

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

please use older wdm drivers, that will solve ur pprob. also if ur not use one that comes with the cd. cant remember the version but if ur using ver 2 its the new one.
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• De Joker
        • Aug 2002

Thanks for the replys guys i will do some reading on the macrovision protection and i will try the older drivers.

Thanks, Robert

Comment

• De Joker
          • Aug 2002

Ok i read the macrovision section but still i can't see how that has to do with my problem.

I also checked my version of the wdm drivers, and they are version 1.1.9.0 (date 9/9/2002) while the detonator drivers are version 45.23.

So anymore help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Robert

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

Originally posted by De Joker
            Ok i read the macrovision section but still i can't see how that has to do with my problem.

Thanks, Robert
            if ur getting white rectangle in b/w ur screen covering ur video thats everything to do with.......

uninstall ur wdm drivers and restrat, and try any other wdm drivers even the newer ones...... try thats different then ur's version.

i had a vivo card and hav never had any problems except somtime they appear for a few secs then go away

Comment

• De Joker
              • Aug 2002

You where right atifsh, first i tried wdm 1.11 from the asus server but that didn't help then i tried to roll back my detonator but that didn't help either.

Finally i downloaded wdm 1.11 from the gainward server and after installing them i could record without the whitebar appearing. I than installed the latest detonator and i can still record. So the wdm drivers where the problem.

I haven't yet recorded very long though(just a few seconds), does that mean that there is still a possibility that the whitebar can come and go again.?

Thanks again, Robert

Comment

• atifsh
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2003

I haven't yet recorded very long though(just a few seconds), does that mean that there is still a possibility that the whitebar can come and go again.?

yes it may come for like 2 3 secs if a sudden change in video comes, but thats not mean it will do that always...... u have solved the prob happy capturing now.......

Thanks again, Robert
                ur welcome

Comment

Working...