Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raider0429aider
    • Sep 2003

Converting 8mm reel tapes

I have some old 8mm reel taped home movies without sound and want to copy them to my hard drive so that I can convert them to DVD files and make a DVD. Does anyone know of a device which will connect to either my computer or a video recorder so that I can copy these tapes? Any help on this endeavor would be helpful. Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You'll probably obtain better results using an outside service to accomplish this. That's what I did with mine. Actually combined 8MM B&W, 8MM color, and Super8 color.

It's not inexpensive, but it's a once-in-a-lifetime conversion. The equipment available for sale to the public yields poor quality results (essentially a black box containing a movie camera recording from a projector)
    Last edited by setarip; 28 Dec 2003, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Raider0429aider
      • Sep 2003

Thanks for your post, I was trying to avoid an expensive way to do it. I will consider an outside source for this project, but I would also like to know what the names of the devices your speaking of are. Again, thanks for your answer to my post.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
        • Sep 2003

I want a Super 8 camera Still have it and want to sell it?

Comment

• megamachine
          Video Fiddler
          • Mar 2003

I've got one (Canon 814), along with a sound recording projector, editor, splicer and a bunch of other accessories. Drop me a line.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
            • Sep 2003

I have an uncle that has an 814. my Grandmother has one to I think. They never let anyone touch em though so i'm not sure

I'll have a talk with my buddy that is also intrested in messing around with film to and see what he wants to do.

Comment

Working...