Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • themosh
    • Dec 2003

Using DVD-R with Bose Lifestyle DVD systems

Happy holidays to all. I have a Bose Lifestyle 28 DVD home entertainment system. For those familiar with Bose, they use a software driven DVD system and frequently they have patches sent out to fix bugs, etc. Good idea, but a lot of things are questionable.

Here is my dilema: Does anyone know which DVD-R media (name brand) will work with Bose DVD players? Do you know if you have to use a certain DVD burn software? I know I am making them right in theory (VIDEO_TS folder), because they play on my other DVD players. However, whenever I put a DVD-R into the Bose player, it "cannot read disc."

Can anyone help? Happy new year.
    P.S. Offical Bose support expert says it is hit and miss...they are not sure which formats will play with Bose...

Appreciate your help.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Offical Bose support expert says it is hit and miss...they are not sure which formats will play with Bose..."

Have you tried a DVD+R or DVD+R/W, instead of DVD-R?

As far as brands of media, I've found that Ritek (DVD-R or DVD+R) is almost universally "recognized" by standalone DVD players...

Comment

• themosh
      • Dec 2003

I have not tried them. I did not know that in theory RW's would work. My burner only does -R -RW -RAM

Is it worth it to try all three? Keep in mind that the Bose DVD player is not a normal DVD player....software driven...computer inside....and yes it does crash some times.

Thanks. Any further posts appreciated.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

If your burner cannot burn DVD+Rs and, possibly, your BOSE DVD player proves to only recognize DVD+Rs, I'm afraid you'd be out of luck...

Comment

Working...