Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homer2031
    • Jan 2004

Win95 and WMP6.4 Problems!

Alright here's the lowdown: I'm using Win95 and am using WMP 6.4. I cannot update to anything higher cause this is the highest it can go! Sad, I know.

Moving on...I have problems playing any DIVX, WMV or AVI files, and also a few MPEG files. Its quite frustrating. I've looked at the help files around this forum and all, but nothing.

1) The WMV kind of works , but is extremely slow. The audio plays fine, but the video just shows the first vidcap and then stops. No clue how to fix it.
    2) The AVI/DIVX files are my main problem. Sometimes the sound works, but not the video or sometimes nothing works at all. Is it even possible to play a DIVX on WMP 6.4? I hope so.

I've downloaded codec packs and still nothing. So now I've removed all the codecs and have started fresh hoping that someone will tell me the right codec pack to install. I've also installed ffdshow and that doesn't even work on my computer!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Homer2031
    • Jan 2004

I think I'm almost there...I play a DIVX file and get this error in WMP6.4.

MPLAYER2 caused an invalid page fault in
    module KERNEL32.DLL at 0137:bff9a5d0.
    Registers:
    EAX=c0017438 CS=0137 EIP=bff9a5d0 EFLGS=00210212
    EBX=019dffb8 SS=013f ESP=0199fdc4 EBP=019a0060
    ECX=00000000 DS=013f ESI=00000000 FS=1347
    EDX=bff7678c ES=013f EDI=bffb8e70 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    53 8b 15 7c c2 fb bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89
    Stack dump:

In GSpot in the video codec section, it says that I am missing DIVXDEC.AX in the Windows/System directory. Where do I get that file from? Furtehrmore in the DirectShowRender it says that I should be able to play the file. But it obviously it doesn't, cause I'm still seeking help!

I've also tried ffdshow, but it crashes and gives me the WMP error listed above.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

95 is very old now - don't you have a chum who's upgraded to XP who has a Win98 Second Ed. in the back of a drawer?
      You don't mention anything such as CPU or RAM?
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Homer2031
        • Jan 2004

If only it were that easy to upgrade I would've done it a while back!

Comment

• Homer2031
          • Jan 2004

Alright I think I'm almost done! I got video and sound to work. Now the only problem is that the video plays too slow (Like about a frame per 5seconds!) and the sound is just fine.

I think it just needs a little adjustment for it to work. I don't know what adjustment to make though. Help me please! I'm sure its a small thing I have to do.

Thanks

Comment

Working...