Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lingoguysw5
    • Jun 2003

Unable to edit audio with Virtualdub

I have an Xvid file whose audio is lame mp3, no probs playing unedited file in WMP or Realplayer, however whilst playing a test clip in virtualdub to then save as a wav direct stream file before encoding with TMPGenc, I discover the audio is (sometimes) early. This I have tried to adjust with VDubs Interleave by +5000 increasing it and nothing seems to change. What can I do to rectify this? If I can only get the audio to match the video I could then encode and author it for DVD burning.
    Another thing! The speed is 23.976 fps and TMPGenc wizard does not offer a DVD template for that speed only for SVCD, do I use the latter?
  • ShuMO
    • Dec 2002

maybe out of my league but ...

occassionally I resolve audio sync problems by using Graphedit to strip a Windows PCM Wave file off the original file.

I then take a direct stream copy (using Vdub but of course!) of the original video after I've disabled the Audio stream, giving me a pure 'video' avi.

Then I use Vdub and add the new 'wav' file back in as the avi's audio stream and test playback for sync problems. If all seems well I save out (direct stream again). This of course creates an avi thats 1gb for the audio, and 6-800 mb for the video or 1.6 gb in totality but give me the ability to resolve sync problems.

I've gone so far as to edit the audio stream (its easier to move time in the audio file then it is in the video) by adding or subtracting from the audio streams begginning. This of course only works when the audio is out of sync consistently the same duration thruought the length of the video. I've had bizzaro problems before with audio being 'rubber banded' but I'll stop here.

Shu
    ShuMO

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

This doesn't resolve WHY the sync is out...but are you aware you can adjust sych during TMPGenc encoding? ("settings">>advanced>>source range>>audio adjustment)

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To lingoguysw5

1) Load the original XviD-compressed video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• lingoguysw5
          • Jun 2003

I hope with this info setrip yo will be able to help me in resolving the audio problem I am having with this Xvid file.

VIDEO STREAM

Frame size Video Stream 640x272,23.976fps (410708 us)
          of frames (time): 126417 (1:27:52)
          Decompressor: DivX 5.1.1. Codec
          Number of key frames: 1509
          Min/avg/max/total key frame size: 1903/16063/45444(23672K)
          Min/avg/max/total delta frame size: 98/4903(598113K)
          DivX Quality: (0-100):

AUDIO STREAM

Sampling Rate: 48000Hz
          Channels: 2 (Stereo)
          Sample precision: 0-bit
          Compression: Frauenhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec
          Preload skew: 1 samples (0.00s)
          of frames: 219691
          Min/avg/max/total frame size: 96/408/768 (8768K)

If you need to know more then plse let me know. I tried tmpgenc but you can't watch and listen simultaneously.

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

you render enough of the clip to run past a scene with lip movement and abort and view the file...and estimate the synch gap. You adjust + if sound before lips move and - if after. (Hint: 1000MSec=1 Sec...200MSec= .2 seconds).

Comment

Working...