Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cybernaut
    • Jan 2004

Something to help you in your movie watching

This is something I posted on another forum in regards to some questions people were asking. Thought it might be helpful here to someone.

Here's some info you all might like.
    Someone mentioned the "print screen" key in windows will capture the whole screen. But most of the time, you will just want to capture the current window you are viewing, rather than the whole screen. Use "Alt-Print Screen" for this.

Also, I usually only watch movies once, so if I get a VCD bin/cue style file, I don't bother burning it. I use a program called "Daemon Tools". Get it at http://www.daemon-tools.cc (actual download at http://my.so-net.net.tw/martinx/dtools/daemon344.exe). This also helps if you don't own a CD/DVD burner.

This program will mount a bin/cue as if it were an actual physical cd/dvd drive on your computer. Right click the taskbar icon after you install the program. Then go to Virtual CD/DVD ROM->Device 0->Mount Image. Use the file browser to find the cue file and choose it. It will create a new drive letter on your computer and mount the image and it will look as if you actually have the VCD/CD/DVD disk in a drive on your computer. Then you can either play it as a normal VCD/DVD CD or you can browse to the MPEGAV folder on the virtual drive and play the *.dat file with your DivX player.

This obviously works for any type of content, not just VCD's. This also works on ISO-style files. Whenever I need to reinstall Office XP, I mount the ISO and install.

This program will do quite a bit more than what I said. Here's the author's description:
    INTRODUCTION:

Daemon-Tools is an advanced application for multiprotection emulation. It is further development of Generic Safedisc emulator and incorporates all its features. This program allows running Backup Copies of SafeDisc (C-Dilla), Securom, Laserlock, CDCOPS, StarForce and Protect CD (and many others) protected games. Also included is a Virtual DVDROM drive (Generic DVD-ROM) enabling you to use your CD images as if they were already burned to CD! DAEMON Tools works under Windows9x/ME/NT/2000/XP with all types of CD/DVDROM drives (IDE/SCSI) and supports nearly any CD protection.

Daemon-Tools needs a 1:1 Copy to run!!
    Daemon-Tools is used to RUN GAMES, NOT TO BURN THEM!!! Means emulation must be active while you want to play a game, not while burning the copy (except for you want to use DAEMON Tools' "fastdump" feature on a safedisc protected CD).
    If you want to run a copy protected application from an image mounted to a Generic DVD-ROM enabling the copy protection emulation(s) is NOT necessary!!
    Generic DVD-ROM is able to run nearly every protected or unprotected CD image (Safedisc®, Securom®, Laserlock®, Lockblocks® etc.) like it was the original CD! Just do an image file using one of the supported burning programs and mount it with Daemon Manager!
    Daemon-Tools supports the following image files:

cue/bin
    iso
    ccd (CloneCD)
    bwt (Blindwrite)
    mds (Media Descriptor File)
    cdi (Discjuggler)
    nrg (Nero)
    pdi (Instant CD/DVD)
    b5t (BlindWrite 5)
    Have fun :lol:

P.S. While I'm giving out helpful information, get this Codec pack: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm. It should fix all of your annoying missing audio and unsynced audio problems. It will fix the common "Tag 8192" error that probably everyone has seen.

Hope this helps you guys out. I am still learning all this stuff myself, and had to learn what I know the hard way, so hope this gives someone a head start.

Chow.
  • synlupri
    • Jul 2004

All my files have that stupid commentary

Every DVD that I burn with DVD shrink, rips all the files to a folder on my C drive just as the tutorial says it should. I figured I would be able to watch the movies without having to burn them to a DVD. The same files that are copied to a DVD are also on my hard drive.

That being said, every time I click on the VOB file (the biggest ones I assume are the movie) I hear the director's commentary. Its making me crazy.

I just want to watch the movies not listen to what he was thinking when filming the scene. What am I doing wrong? When all the files are copied to a DVD and burned, the movie is fine, but not when I'm trying to play it from the hard drive.

HELP!

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

@ synlupri - You need to open the "VIDEO_TS.IFO" file or the actual "VIDEO_TS" folder with your software DVD player (WinDVD,Power DVD, etc.), instead of the"BIG" .vob files.

Comment

• synlupri
        • Jul 2004

Amazed

I am absolutely AMAZED at how fast you replied to my silly question. And I can't believe I didn't even try that file. Yep, it works. I guess I was looking at it from a common sense point of view. How can the movie be in a file that is 22KB? The other one was much "bigger" so I "ass"umed that would be it. LOL

Now, if only I could get a plumber to come over and fix my leaky faucet as fast as this...oh what a happy girl I'd be.

Thanks again! REALLY appreciate you.

Syndi

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Re: Amazed

Originally posted by synlupri
          I am absolutely AMAZED at how fast you replied to my silly question. And I can't believe I didn't even try that file. Yep, it works. I guess I was looking at it from a common sense point of view. How can the movie be in a file that is 22KB? The other one was much "bigger" so I "ass"umed that would be it. LOL

Now, if only I could get a plumber to come over and fix my leaky faucet as fast as this...oh what a happy girl I'd be.

Thanks again! REALLY appreciate you.

Syndi
          You're Very Welcome!.........Re leaky faucet: Where do you live? I know a little about plumbing also. lol

Comment

Working...