Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ilovellamafood
    • Feb 2004

Burn multiple videos to one dvd-r

I have about 20 different .vob files all containing a taped episode of family guy. I want to burn all of these to one dvd. The vobs are about 245megs each so I can just about fit them all on a dvd. Is there a guide somewhere where I could join all the vobs together to make one vob and create a menu to navigate through the chapers?
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Is there a guide somewhere where I could join all the vobs together to make one vob and create a menu to navigate through the chapers?"

Use a DVD authoring program such as "TMPGENc DVD Author" (different from the regular TMPGENc) or DVD Lab. You can drop the VOB files right in and create your own menus and chapter points.

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

Also, sorry, I don't know of a guide off the top of my head for DVD Author or DVD Lab.

Comment

• dsf
        • Jan 2004

What DVD authoring program are you using? You should be able to import the VOB files directly (without joining them) into your DVD authoring progam which will recognize each VOB file as a chapter, which seems to be what you want.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

With dvd writeables so in-expensive, most people do the episodic back-ups as 1 : 1's or re-author 2 d-9's to 1 dvd writeable. Use 'Shrink 3. 0 Beta 5 to rip the original episodes to one set of files for each original disc and then would be easier for most to click their remote control (unless you want the headache and/or expense of learning a freeware/commercial authring software for only a few discs.

Read the guides and find your solutions, they are there.
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...