Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattx109
    • Feb 2004

Problem - Video Too Short

I've begun to have a problem with some mpeg files. While they previously ran the proper length, they now show as only running for a minute or two in any media player.

If I let the video run, it proceeds to the point at which the player says it should end (for example 1:45 when it used to/should run 16:15) and then the video stops. Audio continues.

Has anyone ecountered this problem and/or have a solution?

Thanks.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I've begun to have a problem with some mpeg files. While they previously ran the proper length, they now show as only running for a minute or two in any media player."

How many mpegs do you have that exhibit this problem? Open one of the files that have the problem in VirtualDubMod. Go to "File" > "File Information" and post the info contained in both the "Video" and "Audio" sections of the dialog box.

Comment

• mattx109
      • Feb 2004

Only a handful, but they were previously working fine. When I first opened this file in VirtualDub, the following message popped up:

"MPEG: Anachronistic or discontinuous timestamp found in video stream 0 at byte position 12199974, from 7081396 to 21336. This may indicate an improper join."

This message is repeated several times with different positions given, but this video was never joined, and as I've said, it worked just find before.

The information from VirtualDub is as follows:

Video:

Frame size/fps - 318x232, 29.97 fps
      # frames (time) - 10011 (5:34)

**When opened, this file displays as having a running time of only :58. If I click somewhere else in the timeline (in say, Windows Media Player/Winamp/etc) it will jump much father into the video, but continue to display only :58 total running time).

# I, P, B frames - 838/2504/6669
      Average bitrate - 1197Kbps (147KB/s)

Audio:

Format: 44Khz mono, 32Kbps layer II
      # frames: 12791
      Total size: 1306k

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

You might try to re-encode the problem mpegs in "TMPGENc" (different from TMPGENc DVD Author) Choose one of the wizard templates to accomplish this. 318x232 is a small frame size as they appear to be mpeg-1 files, and the audio is 44Khz. Are these downloaded mpegs? If you want to keep them as mpeg-1, you can use the "Video-CD" template (NTSC or PAL) from the "Project Wizard" page.

Comment

Working...