Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judy Stanley
    • Jun 2003

Can't encode avi file

I am having trouble encoding two avi video files. I usually use nero ver 6 but it keeps saying unsupported format. I've never had this problem before. Could you suggest how I can find out what format these are in? Can you also suggest a particualr program that will encode these two videos.

Thank you so much
    J
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the original .AVI video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Judy Stanley
      • Jun 2003

Loaded both videos into virtual dub-under file it says the same for both videos. Video640/272, 23997FPS Div code 4.01
      Audio Sampler 44100II2
      Channels 2 stereo Compression Frueunhofer IIs Mpeg layer 3 codec.
      Here is the infor you requested. I'm hoping you can tell me how to encode these Nero doesn't work nor Win media player says file format unsupported. Please let me know how to proceed and what to use to encode these two videos.
      Thanks a lot-Guess Avi format doesn't mean what I thought it meant. Thanks again J

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Again,

Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box -

Not just the bits you've chosen to post...

(At the very least, you'll probably have to download and install the DivX v.4.01 codec)

Comment

• Judy Stanley
          • Jun 2003

Here is the exact information given in Virtual dub
          Number #1 Video
          Video Stream
          Frame size 640x272 25000fps
          #of frames 174426
          Decompressor Divx pro (TM) 5.1.1 codec
          # of frames 0
          Min avg Total key-no key frames
          Min avg Tota Delta 102/4032/25694
          Audio
          Samp Rate 44100Hz
          Channels 2 stereo
          Sample precision 0 bit
          Cpmpression Fraunhofer IIs mpeg layer 3 codec
          Preload kye 6486 samples
          # of frames 52697
          min/Total Frames 292/559/6486/28768k

The other video has muxh of the same infor.
          Decompressor Divx proTM 5.1.1

Audio still 2 cahnnel stereo
          Compressor: Fraunhofer IIs mpeg layer 3 codec

the only diff between the two are total frame suze etc otherwise everything is the same. Hope this is enough infor. I'n hoping you can tell ode these two and perhaps what site migfht have divix codec and ,peg=Thanks J

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

In addition to downloading the proper DivX codec:

Although you still haven't provided ALL of the "File Information" (missing some audio details), I'm guessing that the .MP3 audiostream is Variable Bitrate, that NERO can't handle properly. Therefore, do the following to convert it to Constant Bitrate:

If it proves to be VBR:

Simply use VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
            Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save the .AVI with a new filename

Comment

• Judy Stanley
              • Jun 2003

I gave you all the infor that popped up under file in the virtualdub prog. Since VirtualDubMod is diff from Virtual dub what site would I use to get this VirtualDubmod. Also is there a specific site to download the Divix codec 5.1.1 you suggested earlier that I use Divix 4 are these too close enough that ver 4 would work as well as ver 5. Since I'm a newbee need a litttle help on where to find these. Can I get them from donwloads dot.com if nto could you suggest another web site. I appreciate all the help you have given me and I will follow through the best I can after I get the right codecs etc.

Thanks so much for your valuable information and your patience.

Comment

Working...