Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonsn
    • Feb 2004

Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80

Hey Everyone! On Wednesday, February 18, 2004 I received a Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80 from my parents for my birthday. How do I get a my computer Dazzle icon showing? The disc/cd I received with my Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80 was Pinnacle Studio Quickstart. Is this the right cd that everyone else has received? This is the only cd that I received with my Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80. Do I need a different cd to get a my computer Dazzle icon showing? Can someone please send me the Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80 disc in a zip file with a serial # so I can install the proper software. Thanks for your time.

Jason Neskar
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Go to www.pinnacle.com and sniff around. They should have all the software you need there. They also have a forum where you can talk to other users of your specific external hardware device. I picked up a DVC-80 over a year ago before pinnacle bought Dazzle...and wasted a month trying to get anything other than blurry video...then I got a DVC-150 and the difference was night and day. The DVC-80 feeds vids in at 320X240 vs. the DVC-150 720X480...the difference between viewing an .mpg and a MPEG2. I gave my 80 away ( like your parents did). Good luck.

Comment

• jasonsn
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by rsquirell
      Go to www.pinnacle.com and sniff around. They should have all the software you need there. They also have a forum where you can talk to other users of your specific external hardware device. I picked up a DVC-80 over a year ago before pinnacle bought Dazzle...and wasted a month trying to get anything other than blurry video...then I got a DVC-150 and the difference was night and day. The DVC-80 feeds vids in at 320X240 vs. the DVC-150 720X480...the difference between viewing an .mpg and a MPEG2. I gave my 80 away ( like your parents did). Good luck.
      Thanks for the help. That really need helped me. I can't see anything about Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80 on Pinnacle website.
      Last edited by jasonsn; 22 Feb 2004, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

I stopped going to the Dazzle forums when Pinnacle bought them in August...but guys who went there said the new Dazzle forums on the Pinnacle site could be found under "Legacy software".

Comment

• jasonsn
          • Feb 2004

OK Thanks again for trying to help me out.

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

I typed DVC-80 into Google...and came up with numerous sites. The one for pinnacle was www.pinnaclesys.com

Comment

• jasonsn
              • Feb 2004

I typed DVC-80 into Google...and came up with numerous sites. The one for pinnacle was www.pinnaclesys.com
              OK Thanks. I have tried that but I think has bought the software and received the wrong cd. I am trying to get Windows XP Professional to recgnize it as an imaging device. Attached to this post is an image of the CD I am looking for. Could someone please copy the contents of the CD and zip it up and e-mail it to jasonsn16@shaw.ca with a serial #? I received a cd labelled Pinnacle Studio QuickStart. I am trying to get the Dazzle icon to show up in my computer so that I can use it and click either take pictures or capture video. I hope someone can help me out here.
              Attached Files

Comment

• rsquirell
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Feb 2003

I found your forum clicking around pinnaclesys...a user there should give you the serial number...tech support will email it. When I did a google search I saw another non-pinnacle site which said it had serial numbers.

Comment

• jasonsn
                  • Feb 2004

I need the picture of that cd. The contents of the CD sent to me.

Comment

• rsquirell
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Feb 2003

Well...I didn't steal it. Seriously...type "DVC-80" into www.Google.com search engine...go to the non-pinnacle forum site and obtain the serial number. Then go to pinnaclesys DVC-80 site...register the product AND download the CURRENT drivers which you can only get there. You are XP...so that means MS Movie Maker2 came with your OS...connect your video cable (the yellow RCA composite wire) to your VCR (or analog camera) and the DVC-80 to the USB port. Connect the white RCA composite AUDIO wire from the VCR directly to the PC's "line-in" or "mic" port (this is the only way you'll get sound using MM2 to capture.) Once you're registered and have the updated drivers MM2 will recognize the DVC-80 as the capture device...but you have to select your sound card as the audio source for your capture. MM2 will then do a splendid job of capturing your VHS (albeit it will be blurry, not as good as the source VHS tape, and in AVI format with huge files....12+GB per hour of video.) But at least MM2 won't crash ( like MovieStar5 which comes with Dazzle always did.)

Comment

• jasonsn
                      • Feb 2004

I never received that cd. Did you when you bought your Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80?

Comment

• rsquirell
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Feb 2003

Yes...but it may not matter...the CD only contains MovieStar5 and some outdated drivers for the hardware. If you update the drivers (once you've registered) you should have a working device...and can use MM2 (as described above.)

Comment

• jasonsn
                          • Feb 2004

Yes...but it may not matter...the CD only contains MovieStar5 and some outdated drivers for the hardware. If you update the drivers (once you've registered) you should have a working device...and can use MM2 (as described above.)
                          I want the my computer Dazzle icon. How do I get it to show up?

Comment

• rsquirell
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Feb 2003

There is no Dazzle icon. You can make an icon shortcut to MovieStar5...or to MovieMaker2.

Comment

• jasonsn
                              • Feb 2004

There is no Dazzle icon. You can make an icon shortcut to MovieStar5...or to MovieMaker2.
                              Yeah this guy has one trust me on this one.

Comment

Working...