Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gatorade
    • Feb 2004

Dvdshrink and DVD-R disks

While backing up a dvd with Dvdshrink, the program wouldn't let me use a Dvd-R disk, although a DVD+R worked fine. Is there anyway I can use DVD-R disks with Dvdshrink.

By the way, I was attempting to use Pro Media Professional Class Dvd-R 4.7gb discs.
  • EMW
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Feb 2004

DVD shrink does work with DVD-R. What kind of burner do you have, do it work with the DVD-R format.Some of the older burners didn't work with both - and + formats....
    What was the error message you were getting??
    Athlon 1800, 768 MB SD RAM, 40GB, XP, Lite-On 451S

Comment

• gatorade
      • Feb 2004

I have a Nec ND-1100A drive. According to Nec's website it is compatible with the DVD-R format. I'm not getting an error message, but when the burning process gets to the checking disks portion, it says the media is unknown and just keeps going through the checking process and doesn't go further. Any ideas?

Comment

• gatorade
        • Feb 2004

Actually, according to Dell's website, my drive can't write to DVD-R discs. Nec's website was wrong. Sorry for wasting your time.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

Try borrowing a different brand (not "Professional") DVD - R or - RW , from a friend and see if it's the "Professional" media, which is at fault. It's not like NEC to post wrong info. at site.

Sometimes a burner/software won't burn to some brands. You could also visit microsoft's windows update site and check for software updates, as sometimes this could help with your burner/software ( I have not heard of the "Professional" brand).
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• dex_octane

Hello All!

I check NEC's website this drive can only write DVD+R/RW. But will write CD-R/RW.

now this drive may be able to read both formats

Comment

• amb7247
              • Feb 2004

http://www.nec.co.uk/DVD_RW_ND1100.aspx according to that it doens't support DVD-R for burning but may support it for reading. But if you download the PDF it lists as it does. So I think it may have been an error in the PDF document.

Comment

Working...