Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bd8m
    • Feb 2004

VOB to DVD

I know nothing about this stuff, and even though everybody says it's quite easy it seems very complicated to me. Please help me. I own 2 dvds. The content is composed of 27 episodes from 3 seasons. I want to have each season on its own dvd. So instead of episode 1-15, disk one (from season one thru half of season two) and from 16-27 disk two (from the secont half of season two thru the season three) I want disk 1 to have episodes 1-9, disk 2 to have episodes 10-18 and disk 3 to have episodes 19-27. I'll tell you what I did so far.
    I ripped both dvds. I used DVD Shrink to do it. I ripped dvd 1 and placed its contents on folder 1 and I ripped dvd 2 and placed its contents in folder 2. Next, still using DVD Shrink I cut out each episode using the re-author feature of DVD Shrink. Now I have 27 folders. Each folder is one episode and inside each folder I have 5 files. They are: 1 - VTS_01_01.VOB /2 - VTS_01_0.BUP /3 - VIDEO_TS.BUP /4 - VIDEO_TS.IFO and 5 - VIDEO_01_0.IFO.
    I want to have a menu with two options: play all and select episode. If you click on select episode you will be taken to another page that contains the list of the episodes from that disk, where you can select the episode you want to watch and press play or you can click on back. I also want a jpg on the background.
    Is it hard to do it? How can I accomplish that? What must I do?? Can you help me?
    I really know nothing about this so please I'd be greatly grateful if you could be over detailed on you explanations. Thanks
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

One way is with TMPGenc DVD Author. Load the VOB (movie file) in and hit "chapter Cut Edit"....move slider to where you want to end....set end point and OK...go to output, build the DVD files for the first video and exit before burning. Load the same file back into DVD Author....this time set the start point for beginning of part two and build it's DVD files. Then with the second original VOB set the end point for part two...and then do your part three. Now you can burn your discs...hint: when you load the VOB's in sequence in the same track they will be automatically and seamlessly merged.

Comment

• bd8m
      • Feb 2004

Chopping the VOB's

Thanks rsquirell for your help. I already have each episode on a folder and each episode in a individual VOB file. If I do that way wouldn't I end up with 3 VOB files (one for each season)?? Would I still be able to select play all or select a chapter to watch individually from the menu?? My chalange now is how do I put the new DVDs together with the menu and chapters the way I want. Another question: Must I convert the VOB file to something else in order to create a DVD or can I just create the DVD using the existing VOB files I have already on my hard drive??

Thanks a bunch!!
      Last edited by bd8m; 25 Feb 2004, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

I don't know what you want. If you want a DVD for each season that's 3 DVD's. If you have a VOB for each episode simply give each episode its own "track" and create the menu. TMPGenc DVD Author accepts VOBs...so since I don't know how you want to arrange things, why don't you try a trial version and see what you're capable of doing.

Comment

• bd8m
          • Feb 2004

Thanks for being there again rsquirell. Maybe my confusion is due because I had the impression that if I create a DVD with a chunk of VOB's (first, second and third season all at once) I wouldn't have the chance to watch only one episode if I wanted. Is it what is going to happen?? Or will I have the capability to search thru the existing episodes, selecet the one I want and watch only that one?? Because this is what I want. I want to be able to watch the hole season by pressing play all or to watch a single episode by selecting it. That's why I have all episodes separeted. What do I do?? Can you help me?? I thank you for your patience. DO I have the capability to have a JPG file as the backgroung??

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

Load each episode in a different track...then make a menu under the menu tab...lable each track. never tried a jpg background for menu...read help. Then you can toggle with your remote through the menu on the TV.

Comment

Working...