X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaNi0
    • Feb 2004

Gop

Hi,

I first wanted to burn a VCD but the size was a bit to big (+-750MB) [ MPEG-1 first AVI but used TMPGEnc to convert 23.976 FPS ] i wanted to shrink it with DVD Shrink but that din't work so used TMPGEnc DVD Author to make a dvd structure but it din't accept 23.976 FPS so i converted to 25.000 FPS but now the problem is

when i add the file it says :

The video GOP is too long.

For a standard DVD it is necessary that the GOP fulfill the following condition:

Max 36 fields (18 frames) (NTSC format only)
    Max 30 fields (15 frames) (PAL format only)

i can ignore that but when i want it to start outputting it it says:

Read error occurred at address 00403277 of module 'TMPGEncDVDAuthor.exe' with FFDCBB4B

so how could i fix the GOP problem or that error...
  • DaNi0
    • Feb 2004

ok solved the GOP problem but it still makes the following error :

any suggestions how to fix this?

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

"any suggestions how to fix this?"

First try uninstalling then reinstalling TMPGEnc DVD Author (also, if your are a registered owner, I think there has been a recent upgrade so I would download that and install it). It might be that you have a corrupt .dll or application type file.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

A) The error message generated by "TMPGEnc DVD Author" is indicative of a flaw in your video file, not in "TMPGEnc DVD Author" - so there's nothing to be gained by uninstalling and reinstalling the program. (By the way, simply converting the framerate from 23.976 to 25.000 is guaranteed to fail under ANY authoring program)

B) Your posting is unclear. If you're starting with an .AVI file, try the following: One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
        (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...