Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tkalect
    • Feb 2004

divx to mpg + srt subtitles

Is there any way to reencode from divx(avi) to mpg(vcd) and to permanently encode subtitles like .srt or sub with it, so the movie can be watched on dvd-players like vcd + subtitles encoded directly on it.

Tnx in advance!
  • Fook Yu
    Shoe-shinner
    • Jan 2004

Yes there is

1) Convert the srt into ssa subtitle format
    2) Get "subtitler" plugin for virtualdub
    3) Use virtualdub to add hard subtitles
    4) Use Tmpgenc plus to convert the AVI to MPG
    5) Make a dvd with tmpgenc author.
    -------------------------
    Not active user anymore

Comment

• tkalect
      • Feb 2004

Tnx

Tnx alot!

Comment

• ngoducthang
        • Jun 2004

virtualdub hard subtitle

sorry, my first time using virtual dub so i'm not really sure of what to do. i've converted the srt to ssa, and opened up virtualdub. i opened the avi in virtual dub, and added the subtitle filter and tried playback (f5) it works fine, but how do i output the file. the original file is 700 megs or so, but when i press save in virtual dub it was making a file aboue 1.5gigs in size. how do i save to keep it at the original size.

Comment

• Fook Yu
          Shoe-shinner
          • Jan 2004

What is happening is that it is saving your file uncompressed. So what you need to do is recompress it again with a codec (compress-decompress). Now to do this you take your original movie of 700mb. You do what is mentioned above to add the filter. Then you in the video tab folder you go to the section called compression. There you select a video compression codec and configure it to your liking. Then save as avi and off you go.

Now dont save the whole movie. You probably did an excellent job, but you do want to know that your subs are in sync. Pick a piece of the movie (preferably in at the end) were there is a lot of conversation and you can see the mouths move, pray to every god you have and hope that the thing is in sync. Save that little segment as avi and watch it your creation. Now if its in sync. Save the whole move.

If you dont really know how to compress then i would refer you to the XVID section (i like xvid best) ask these guys what is the best setting. If you get the answer "there is no standard setting for the codec it is what you personally prefer best" come back to this post and i help you out (i find that such a bull**** answer, which i got served many times when i was in your situation of these so called experts).

I'm no longer active on this forum but will get a reply when you add a post and will respond to it.

DONT GIVE UP HANG IN THERE..................watching a movie with your own subs is the best there is

This is a site with subs that i like to use a lot.

Regards.
          -------------------------
          Not active user anymore

Comment

• ngoducthang
            • Jun 2004

THANK YOU!

i got it it works, hahahaha wow so great, thanks guys!

Comment

• choy96
              • Sep 2004

chinese words become symbol after convert sub from srt to ssa .

i have a sub with the name xx.big5 is srt file , after convert it to ssa file for used in virtualDub , all words become symbol . i have try to open it with the media player classic , all words also become symbol , somebody help me , thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...