Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netk
    • Mar 2004

dvd genie

help i flashed my rom and either it crippled it or i'm not using dvd genie properly.

arrrh
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

If you have XP do a restore to the day before.

Comment

• netk
      • Mar 2004

I flashed and I'm trying to use DVD Genie, but there is no sound and the picture is stilted and not smooth.
      This is a very recent LG GSA-4081B DVD drive. I use the 4081A101 flash

After flashing I have run Drive region info and it tells me my HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4081B A100 does have region protection.
      It says region code is not set, that I have 5 user changes left, and 4 manufacturer changes left, and the status is not set.

Actually I was hoping that the flash would remove the 2X speed when ripping a CD, as I read this is possible somewhere else.

The software on my machine is PowerDVD, though it was always very very (60-90sec) slow to load but once it got going it was okay.

Then I downloaded Genie. Hopefully I can get Genie to work the drive.

I'm trying different things

a) I'm going to the AutoRegion tab, ticking box 1,2,4 and selecting PowerDVD in the select player box, then pressing Run player.
      But there is no sound and the picture is jerking along.

b) going to the PowerDVD tab setting region to 4-Australia and trying to play a disk I know worked on this drive before. I'm also trying options and selecting enable LFE and others.
      Again there is no sound and the picture is jerky.

When it was playing the sound is not mute and the volume is up, I have tried the button that says ‘next audio stream’ and that does not help either.

What steps am I doing wrong ?
      Have I destroyed the DVD drive ?

I am running msconfig at startup, perhaps Genie drivers are not getting loaded ?

I tried uninstalling PowerDVD and reinstalling. No help.

I notice now that the 4081A100 may have been a better flash to use as Drive region info suggests.
      Should I try to flash with the 100 ?

Comment

Working...