Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter2
    • Mar 2004

dv video to dvd

hi to all, I also am new to all this. and need help. I am recording all of my sons games of basket ball on a SonyDV trv 320E.
    I can get the video onto the PC ok, but having trouble burning onto dvd.
    The PC has everything I need to do the job, it is all the settings and what programms to use. to get a dvd quality picture.
    I need all the help I can get.
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

If you aren't using ULead Video Studio7 or Pinnacle Studio8/9 to capture directly to MPEG2 your DV is most likely in AVI format and needs to be converted to DVD compliant MPEG2. There are a number of commercial editors that will do this (and like the above mentioned editors, some will be able to add Titles, transitions, muxed in music and voice overdubs...as well as prep the DVD files and burn the disc.) I'm sure other posters have many different solutions...including freeware (if you like a lot of extra steps and learning "techie" stuff.)

Comment

• Peter2
      • Mar 2004

thanks rsquirell, I have used ulead studio 6, and also windvd creator, I will try the settings again and make sure I have the right ones, as I said I am completely new to all this but learning.

thanks

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

VS6 can also capture DV directly into MPEG2...but it's an old version...you might want to visit the ULead Tech support site and download ALL of the updates and plug-ins which will make your VS6 into the improved VS6SE varient which has most of the features of VS7. I have VS6SE...and you can do everything (including DVD Prep and burn) with it...it's all you need.

Comment

Working...