Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arcangel
    • Mar 2004

UDF invalid problem!!! Please Help!

A friend recommended me the DVD Shrink Software which i downloaded and installed on my PC. I was going to try it for the first time, and configured the preferences just like the Guide (from Doom9) instructed. But everytime i click on "OPEN DISC" an error message appears that reads "INVALID UDF SYSTEM".

I don't know if it's important but my DVD drive is an Iomega External DVD+-R/+-RW which i belive is also a RAM drive cause it came with a Sample DVD+-RW RAM DISC.

Now all this is completely new for me so please help me out here and let me know how to fix the problem.
    THANKS
    Last edited by arcangel; 12 Mar 2004, 10:45 AM.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I don't know if it's important but my DVD drive is an Iomega External DVD+-R/+-RW which i belive is also a RAM drive cause it came with a Sample DVD+-RW RAM DISC."

I don't think DVD Shrink is capable of reading a DVD "RAM" disk. I'm Curious as to why you would use "Open Disc" to try to read a RAM disk anyway. The "Open Disc" feature is designed to "Read" an already (or commercial) DVD file-structured disk with the file structure of .IFO, .VOB., .BUP, or are you trying to "Burn" with a RAM disk?

Comment

• arcangel
      • Mar 2004

I wasn't trying to open an empty ram disc, maybe i did't explain myself correctly. My Drive is also a RAM drive, but i'm placing a comercial DVD on it, and when i try the open disc function on it it gives me the Invalid UDF system error

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Are you able to PLAY the commercial DVD on your PC from your Iomega External DVD+-R/+-RW?

Comment

• arcangel
          • Mar 2004

Yes i am able to play the commercial one on the Comp. But the UDF is not a problem anymore, i manage to get trought that, i have ripped the DVD with DVDshrink and everything seems fine, but i've hit another wall now. My problem now, is that after burning the DVD, i test is on my comp. and it works fine, but when i try it on my DVD player (pioneer multizone) it get's stuck trying to read it!!, not even my PS2 can read it, but my comp has no problem whatsoever. Any Ideas???

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"My problem now, is that after burning the DVD, i test is on my comp. and it works fine, but when i try it on my DVD player (pioneer multizone) it get's stuck trying to read it!!, not even my PS2 can read it, but my comp has no problem whatsoever."

That sound like a media "Compatibility" problem. To check the compatibility of certain standalone players with different types of media visit:

Comment

• arcangel
              • Mar 2004

Well, thanks i'll check it out, but i don't thinks that is the problem (in my very limited experience) cause so far i have never had a problem with all the backups that a friend of mine (that uses DVDshrink and has made all my backups till now) has made for me. So i believe that it's some kind of format or setting that i'm missing. Maybe i'm burning the disc in a format that only comps can read or something, anyway i'll check the link out, thanks, if you have anymore info you can give me about it i appreciated!!!.

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"Maybe i'm burning the disc in a format that only comps can read or something"

What application are you using to burn?

Comment

• arcangel
                  • Mar 2004

I'm using Hot Burn Pro from IOMEGA but i will be trying with NERO tonigh. One question, someone just told me that the speed in which i write the DVD might be the problem, "since DVD players usually do not read faster than 2x". Is this true, could this be the problem??

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

"someone just told me that the speed in which i write the DVD might be the problem, "since DVD players usually do not read faster than 2x". Is this true, could this be the problem"

Most likely not, but it is generally a good rule of thumb to write at a slower speed for video. (Such as 2x)

Comment

• arcangel
                      • Mar 2004

Well, i followed the link you gave me and i can say that if those chart are accurate then it is not a compatibility problem, my dvd player supports the media i burned the files on, so if it's not the speed and it's not compatibility then i'm lost!!

Comment

• ormonde
                        Digital Video Explorer
                        • Dec 2003

To arcangel:

I would suggest you try and use Nero to Burn.

Comment

• arcangel
                          • Mar 2004

I tried Nero, i'm happy to say it has worked out pretty good, although, there are a couple of features that should work on Nero when i try to burn with them that are not really working as i think they should. For example, if i try to place the ripped fles on a "video files to DVD" proyect, it tells me that the proyect is bigger than 4.7GB, so then i have to recode it with the NERO and after that burn it. Could you tell me in NERO, which is the feature specifically used to burn the Ripped files depending in which way they were ripped?

Comment

• ormonde
                            Digital Video Explorer
                            • Dec 2003

"Could you tell me in NERO, which is the feature specifically used to burn the Ripped files depending in which way they were ripped?"

Use "DVD-Video" mode. Drag the "Ripped" files onto the "Red" VIDEO_TS folder and burn.

Comment

• arcangel
                              • Mar 2004

yeah, that's what i do, and then it tells me that it is analysing the files, and after it's done it tells me that the proyect size is bigger than 4.7gb.

Comment

Working...