Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sergiofar
    • Mar 2004

dvd -r 1x ; 2x ???

I have a question, i live in the US and would like to know which media is best for burning movies. I am pretty much sold on the -R's, but I have noticed that there are 1x; 2x; 4x ... and so on. I have a sony dru 510a burner (will burn dvd -r at 4x max) my question is which is the best media for copying movies (both speed and brand) to play them on a stand alone player? and how does the speed affect the burning process in terms of time? I read somewhere that it is not good to go past 2x is this correct. I use Dvd x copy platinum (rarely), and DVD Shrink (all the time i use nero to burn) any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
  • mattgrant
    • Nov 2003

I have to burn DVD's at work for many different applications and players. I swear by Verbatim media. I have never had a problem with them, but have had loads of problems with other media.

I don't know what speed you should burn at, but I always use 2x media because it is cheaper than 4x media. I haven't encountered any problems yet using douple speed for writing.

Comment

• sergiofar
      • Mar 2004

thx for the info

Comment

• Crash Override
        • Feb 2004

I have a Sony DRU-510a, as well as a Pioneer DVR-105. I've never had any problems burning Memorex 4X media (at 4X) on these drives and having them work on standalone players (I've even burned to both drives at 4X simultaneously).
        -= P4/2.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 700 GB HD
        -= GeForceFX 5600, Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro

Comment

• sergiofar
          • Mar 2004

has anyone tried the Ritek DVD-R 4.7G 4X 50PACK, Model DRD-47-4X-RDSM, OEM: Model#: DRD-47-4X-RDSM. Can anyone suggest a website where I can find good prices.

Thx

Comment

• sergiofar
            • Mar 2004

does any one know the difference between ritek and ridata, a store is advertising ritek but it is actually in a ridata packaging?

Thx

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Go to meritline.com for Ritek DVDs...

Comment

Working...