Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judy Stanley
    • Jun 2003

Mpg File Can"t Convert To Vcd

Help soneone-I have a MPEG video file about 800mg. I tried to encode it using nero- said it was't in the right format and would have to re-encode it. About80% through it quit.The file plays fine on computer.Then I burned the file to dvd using dvd burner.I get a picture no audio. Please tell me how and what program to use to convert it to vcd. I also can't split it I only have avi splitter.Could some give me the web address of easy spliter or another one that will split the file into two. I'm hoping that's the problem if not could you addres the dvd picture no audio problem!!
    Thankyou so much
    J
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Use TMPGENC (different from TMPGENC DVD Author). Use the "Project Wizard" page ("File" > "Project Wizard") to create a compliant mpeg 1 file for VCD. As for "Splitting" and "Joining" mpegs, use the "Merge and Cut" feature in TMPGENC under "Mpeg Tools" ("File > "Mpeg Tools" > "Merge and Cut")

Comment

• Judy Stanley
      • Jun 2003

Is TEMPGENC SHAREWARE

Thanks for your help is Tempgenc shareware do you happen to know web address for this. That would be a big help.Thanks for your suggestion though.As soon as I find the program I will follow through. Have a great day!!!

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"do you happen to know web address for this."

We create the best video software encoder, DVD/Blu-ray/AVCHD authoring software, and MPEG lossless editing software.

Comment

• Judy Stanley
          • Jun 2003

TempGenc Problem

I d/l the trail verson from site you gave. However the program won;'t encode the mpg file it quits in the middle.Do I have to convert it to avi or leave as mpeg file.Perhaps some of my settings are wrong I followed the wizard steps.Could you by chance give me a few pointers on setting up TempGenc.I assume that after 14 days the program expires.Also is there a template for one vcd if so where in the program would I find that. Haven't seen it pop up yet. Sorry I'm very new at this but trying very hard to catch on.Hope you can help.Also is there a place where one can d/l program so it doesn't expire in 14 dyas.
          Thankyou so much J

Comment

• mattgrant
            • Nov 2003

You might have a problem burning a VCD if your file is 800Mb. Will that fit onto your CD's (including any data for running the VCD itself)?

You may have an error in your video file which is why it keeps quitting after a while. Try letting Nero re-encode it again and make sure you have sufficient temp disk space for the re-encode.

The problem with putting it onto a DVD is more than likely that it is a multiplexed mpeg file (the audio is embedded with the video)

DVD needs to have separate audio and video files to work as a video. If you can convert to MPEG2 for DVD then convert the audio to either AIF or WAV at 48Khz 16bit. Your authoring package should then link the two.

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

"Do I have to convert it to avi or leave as mpeg file."

I would leave as an mpeg.

"Perhaps some of my settings are wrong I followed the wizard steps.Could you by chance give me a few pointers on setting up TempGenc."

If your file size is 800 MB, you might have to lower the bitrate a little in order to get the filesize down to just below 700 MB to fit onto 1 CD-R. So, you followed the wizard for making a VCD. Explain step-by-step exactly what you did.

Comment

• shiny#3
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Jul 2003

@ Judy

can you please also tell us what burning program you used to burn that mpeg file to VCD/SVCD... in normal cases it is possible to burn 800 MB to a single VCD or SVCD disk. to tell you how to do that ,it is necessary
                to know a little bit more about your MPEG file.
                is it MPEG-1 or MPEG 2 .
                MPEG-1 normally is for VCDs
                MPEG-2 normally is for SVCD's.

you should use one of the very common video analyzing programs and post a screenshot of its results in here.
                or simply type in what it says.
                those analyzing programs can be obtained at the software section of this site.

may be it is necessary , in case you're using Nero
                to burn, to switch off that create standard SVCD or VCD option before you burn.

one of those video analyzing programs that would be fit for your purposes is MovieID.
                Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

good luck

Comment

• shiny#3
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Jul 2003

I almost forgot to mention that your problem of non hearing audio when burning your mpeg file to DVD
                  may have its offspring in the fact,
                  that's your DVD standalone player is not able to play back
                  and mpeg audio Stream of 44.1 kHz
                  you should resample or recode only your audio to 48 kHz and then it should work.

this could be easily done with the help of tmpeg...
                  Last edited by shiny#3; 17 Mar 2004, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Judy Stanley
                    • Jun 2003

Shinny#3 Dl Movied id File

DL the movie id file this is what it said=Matrix Revolution CD1 Mpg File Format Unknown. So back to my original problem when I play the file back on comp it works fine good video and audio. However when I try to burn it in Nero ver 6.0 olat it says not a compliant format.Nero will encode it to vcd format or something like that. I say yes-Somewhere near the end of the file it stops encoding. Don't know why-I only have about 5mg left on C drive so maybe thats the problem the file is 800 Mg. I will try and encode it again and save to d: drive. Is there anything else I should do since I don't know what file format it is. I'll wait for your answer before I try an encode with Nero again bec it takes about 1.5 hrs or so. If you have anyother suggestions please let me know you have been very Helpful.I'm sure that between you and I we will figure out why this file can't be encoded. Have never run into this problem before abd don't know why the person who got the file wrote mpg. I also tried to split the video using easy splitter and it won't split-it just sits there!!
                    Thanks-J

Comment

• Judy Stanley
                      • Jun 2003

I hope you got my message-anyway movied id saif file format unknown.The person said it was matrix revolution cd1mpg about 800 mg.It plays fine on comp with good video and audio.When I try to burn in Nero says foramt not supported will encode to vcd or something like that/ Anyway almost at the end of th encoding it stops encoding.I tried to split video using easy splitter it won't split it just sits there.Should I try and encode to my D dive it has more room. C: drive has about 5mgs left. I'll wait for your reply befoe I encode it bec it takes about 2 hrs or so and don't know why it just quits. Thanks for your help so far.If file format is unknown is this a waste of time??? J Sorry if you get two messages kind of new at this and didn't know where to put the reply-

Comment

• shiny#3
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Jul 2003

it's normally that all of the size of 800 MB being
                        in MPEG file format is exactly for the use with the vCD or MV CD or SVCD.
                        haven't you tried to use the programs for identifying
                        what kind of mpeg it is.
                        is it MPEG-1 or MPEG-2.

if it is MPEG-1 do the following.
                        start nero Burning rom --->close the wizard -->
                        choose the option of VCD .
                        then a window should open it asks you for certain standards.
                        leave them as they are for now.....
                        choose your right format , NTSC or Pal
                        I guess it's NTSC in your case
                        hit NEW on the right hand side.

then a new window should appear.
                        on the right hand side there is your browser on the left-hand side there is your new collection.
                        just pull your MPEG file into the lower left of the
                        splited left window. now NERO starts to analyze that
                        videofile.....
                        in case it says videofile is not apt for the VCD format
                        just look closely at that what it says.
                        if Nero says it is an MPEG-1 format, do not hit the reencode button just switch off the standard
                        VCD creation and proceed burning
                        if it says that it is an mpeg2 format then you have to
                        choose SVCD instead of vcd at the step before.
                        it may also be that you have to switch off the creation of a standard SVCD as well

to explain that a little bit closer:
                        many MPEG files that are downloaded from the Internet
                        are not complying to the very strict standards that of vcd or SVCD has to be in. that's why you sometimes have to switch off the standard creation option.in almost any case do not reencode the MPEG files given to you by the
                        source where you have downloaded them from.

I suggest that you examine the MPEG file that you have downloaded from the net very closely.
                        or that you at least give us the results of the examination done by the "movieID" program
                        it is really necessary to know more of your video
                        to provide some appropriate help.

Comment

Working...