Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wusfootball
    • Dec 2003

Ripping VCD to Rm or Avi???

How do I rip VCD and convert it to Rm(my first choice) or to Avi??? If you know please tell me. thank you
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

VirtualDub will make your MPEG1 into an AVI...someone posted a program that will convert it to RM...but I can't remember it now....search the forums for "RM Conversion" and you'll probably find refence to it.

Comment

• wusfootball
      • Dec 2003

How do i convert using virtual Dub??? I tried it but the vcd turn out to be 5G. The reason I want to convert it because I want to reduce its size.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I tried it but the vcd turn out to be 5G.

That's because you saved it as an Uncompressed video:

1) Download and install a DivX codec - then reboot your system

2) Load the file into VirtualDub

3) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select the DivX codec and set as you deem appropriate

4) Save with a new filename

Comment

• wusfootball
          • Dec 2003

I still can't figure out how to get file smaller .... Under Video-Compression I tried DivX Codec 4.12 and DivX Pro 5.1.1. But the file is still about the same size. Can anybody tell me what am I doing wrong. Thank you

Comment

• megamachine
            Video Fiddler
            • Mar 2003

How did you configure the DivX codec? After selecting it in the list of codecs in VirtualDub, you need to enter a bitrate, which depending on the files size and quality you want, can be anywhere from 500 to 2000, or even higher. You might find that a bitrate calculator, several of which are available in the downloads section of DivX Digest, can be of some help in this. As another option, if you can get the VCD files from DAT to MPG format, for which you can use TMPGEnc MPEG Tools, you can load those MPGs into Ulead Video Studio (which often comes bundled with video camera and capture device software) and select a range of qualities with which to convert the MPG into RM. Hope this helps.

Comment

• incredible1
              • Mar 2004

If you want small file sizes use squeeze and save to flv format

Then go to www.videospark.com for a player

Comment

Working...