flickering video on fast movement, artefacts not in file, only on playback.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan_B
    • Mar 2004

flickering video on fast movement, artefacts not in file, only on playback.

Ok. I have an uncompressed .avi thats about 1.2GB @ approx 1 min. I playback this video in windows media player and it looks great. ....Now, when i bring it into flash, it "flickers" when ever there is fast movement (panning) in the video. When i scrub over the problem areas, i can see that these artefacts only exist on playback, not in the video file itself.

I am using Flash MX, Sorenson Squeeze, and Vegas 4. I have expermented with a variety of render settings in both Squeeze and Vegas, but aways end up with flicker in fast movement. So far, the only good video is the original one played back on a machine that has the video refresh rate set to 60hz.

Apparently, this artefact is also present on store bought DVDs when being played back on any computer (as opposed to a DVD console). Is it the same problem?

There has got to be some way on gods green earth to playback video through Flash, or any player, that doesn't have this "flickering on fast movement", isn't there?

My project will playback locally on a very capable kiosk pc, so size is no issue...

If anyone has ANY information to point me at, or a solution... Please consider responding to this post as i am approaching PANIC mode.
Working...