X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mj79
    • Mar 2004

Unsupported format? (Gspot)

Hi!

I downloaded an avi video and I can only get the sound not the picture. I used Gspot to see if i had the necessary codecs and it tells me that yes i do but when I hit "render" to try and see if the movie can play it gives me the following message :

" DirectShow partially succeeded to play file. The actual text of the error or warning is : Some of the streams in this movie are in an unsupported format. "

What tools should I download to fix that? I wanted to ask before starting to download all sorts of things that may make the situation worst instead of helping...

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • MPS
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Mar 2003

it is a good custom in such cases here to post in JPG or GIF, what exactly GSpot tells you (use print screen).

also, do not forget that downloaded movies are sometimes fakes, which would not play at all

Comment

• mj79
      • Mar 2004

Is there anything that will tell you it's a fake other than the video just not playing? Is there any tool that would tell me exactly what's wrong, what kind of device I'm missing?

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

check here and see if this helps. http://forum.digital-digest.com/arch...c/19857-1.html

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

1) Load the original video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

Working...