Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mekanix
    • Apr 2004

Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 HELP

I "backed up" 2 dvds last night using Ritek dvd-r 4x. Both of them play, however it takes the dvd player about a good 60 seconds just to read the discs. Once it finally reads the discs it says "disc broken" but then when I press play, it plays just fine. Is there something I need to do to make this work better? use different media? A friend gave me a movie burned on a +r and that one works great, the dvd player reads it immediately. Im hoping its simply just an option I need to change in dvd shrink before I burn it or something, it would suck if I bought 50 dvd -r's and cant use them Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated, thanks!
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

hmm, looking up your player in http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.p...=&orderby=Name shows two votes for and one against Ritek
    Not very encouraging considering how high Ritek is held by many.

A couple of things to make further recordings a little safer might be to lower the target size if above 4.37Gb and use a lower burn speed.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• megamachine
      Video Fiddler
      • Mar 2003

It's probably not a problem with DVDShrink. You might want to try playing them on another player to see if the same problem occurs.

Comment

• mekanix
        • Apr 2004

On Cyberhome's site they say this model is compatible with +/- r. Do you think perhaps its just a media issue? is there any setting in dvdshrink maybe that makes it do that? I just left the settings alone and used the default settings, didnt change anything.

Comment

• mekanix
          • Apr 2004

Nevermind, I fixed it. I updated the firmware on my Liteon burner (SOHW-812S) to the newest release on Liteon's site, it works like a charm now.

Comment

• sfheath
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Sep 2003

Thanks for the feedback and glad you're sorted
            This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...