Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WorldDVD
    • Feb 2002

Dts

I have been able to extract dts soundtracks from a dvd. I am looking for a program that could assist me in syncing the dts sound with an avi. Is there such a program? Can anyone help?

Thanx,

WorldDVD
  • Fred
    • Jan 2002

With Tmpgenc you can easily multiplex the two streams. Or is your problem that video and audio are asyncronous? If that's the case i can't really help. But try to create avi and ac3 from the stream with dvd2avi.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Assuming that the DTS audiostream is in .AC3 format, you can try either the (MODIFIED) VirtualDub 1.4c-AC3 or NanDub.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• WorldDVD
        • Feb 2002

Excuse me for not mentioning this part. When using smartripper to extract dts sound, instead of coming out as .ac3 it shows up as .dts. I have tried renaming this as .ac3 to load in the modified version of vdub. Vdub does not seem to recognize it properly. Not only does it not detect the correct channel output, it also doens't display the correct kb/s. If i have heard this correctly, dts is vbr and not cbr like ac3. If this is true, i believe that is the problem that vdub is having. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

WorldDVD

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Have you tried Fred's suggestion of using TMPGEnc?
          (which is easily implemented as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Multiplex [or Simple Multiplex])

If that doesn't work, I tripped across this posting at some other forum awhile ago:

". New Utility called VOBStream

Well, this is a new GEM. It extracts audio/video/subpictures from either a .vob on your hd, or from the disc itself. But the important thing is the ability to extract and CONVERT .dts audio into PCM dts .wav format. As we all know too well, all the available demuxer CANNOT extract the .dts audio stream. Now, buddy, YOU CAN."

If this reolves your problem, let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• WorldDVD
            • Feb 2002

Thank you for your suggestions. I do appreciate your help. Unfortunately, tmpgenc does not recognize dts audio stream. It gave me an error saying illegal MPEG audio stream (Simple Multiplex method). The multiples section would not even load the dts file.

AS far as converting it to pcm dts, that does work. The problem is that I wasn't able to maintain the 6 channels ( 5.1) in this particular audio stream.

Is there a way to convert the stream all the while maintaining all six channels?

My goal is to be able to utilize all six channels and not lose the quality of the audio stream.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

I believe that this commercial authoring program, Impression DVD Pro, will satisfy your requirements - go to:

Comment

Working...